• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Transparent texture display issue

RobDollar

Grizzled Veteran
May 16, 2009
The game displays and runs fine, just having this problem (currently only noticed this on the Farm map) with transparent textures. Image below.

My video settings in game are default Medium, and my gfx card is an ATI x740xl PCIe. (aka x700 series)

Currently tried/trying changing my card settings (disabling catalyst AI etc), will post back if I find a fix.

Any suggestions or help greatly appreciated.

errorepn.jpg

Last edited:
I thought this problem was fixed, but the newer drivers just made the transparent sprites slighty more transparent.

I have tried eveything I can think of, turn off and on all standard setting on ati CCC, set the game to directx 8, tried low medium and high settings with anisotropic and AA on and off, still no change.

I've been searching google intesively for any problem people have had with the ut2.5 engine and red orchestra, can't seem to come up with a fix anywhere, infact this thread comes up as the top search result when I search for the problem.

search engine string i've been using are "red orchestra texture problem / transparent texture problem ati / transparent sprite problem ati" etc etc. If anyone has any ideas of other things I could search for, it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
I have this problem, too, with my ATI Radeon x800. I can confirm that it is an ATI card problem because my Laptop's nVidia 8400m doesn't have this problem.

I've been spending a lot of time trying to sort this, I may be getting there slowly. Our cards are almost identical, it's good to know someone else can confirm the problem.

Running the game in 16bit colour fixes this problem, however it makes the rest of the game look terrible.

I also noticed when you bring the steam friends interface up in game, the colours appear to be 16bit, regardless of in-game settings.

If your familiar with the steam interface in game (shift+tab to get it up), it would be great if you could confirm the colour difference.

I'm also working to try and figure out if I can force a colour mode on the card.

Does anyone know how to edit the settings in the configs for the game to perhaps override colour control?

Upvote 0