• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First impressions thread!

Barring a small issue with remaining enemies being stuck somewhere unreachable/missing my first few games were hella fun. Well worth the money, and I can't wait to see what people do with it as far as mods go.

It gets pretty intense when everyone's rushing to the trader and doesn't have enough time to set up and get ready, then we all scramble to huddle together in a hallway or staircase to get overwhelmed. I'm going the support route and that double barreled shotgun has saved me quite a few times already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K, I just played about 8 games back to back....and I'm in love I think. I don't know what Normal is, but the normal we were doing was brutal. 90ish strong first waves, and things seem to soak tons of damage.

We thought open ground would be easier because you couldn't get boxed in...man did we learn quickly that isn't the case.

I love the fact that you can camp but eventually so much gets thrown at you it becomes impossible to hold and you start doing run and gun battles. Or when ~1/4 of the wave wanders down the same hallway and 5 grenades past them all.

Good times, good times.

Upvote 0
So far I love the game. I have set up three servers, and each one fills immediately, which is good and bad. Before I can play on my servers, I have to kick someone first. :rolleyes:

Game is crazy, even more fun the Zombies in CoD WaW! I really look forward to seeing what people do with the SDK and custom maps.

All I can say is TW and Killing Floor FTW! :D

I have ordered all my servers via Gameservers, so they are dedicated, no lag, and seem to run smooth as hell so far. Great game! After reading about the difficulty settings, I setup the third server at HARD with 7 waves! Gonna get your butt kicked on this server...

Thank you Tripwire! You didnt let me down. My stepson has shelved his L4D game, and is downloading KF now. :)

Upvote 0
This game is absolutely awesome... what more can I say? :D I was fortunate enough to have several friends (we ended up being 5 in total), just all going for the first games together... We started out the very very second the game got released, and stopped... now... 03:34 :p So we've been going constantly for a good few hours.

I love everything about the game... the teamplay works really good, the atmosphere is amazing, and the sounds and all is just like it needs to be.

Very well done! :D

Upvote 0
First Impressions... Save your flames... You want honest opinions then put on your big girl panties and accept what I am about to say.

A summary: I run a TF2, CS:S, L4D based gaming community. We where looking for something slightly familiar, yet different to play and host. I Fired up 3 pub servers for this game and 1 prvt. I had my 4 KF servers up within minutes of the game being released.

I had great hopes for this game (mod). I was let down. I am embarassed I recommened the game to so many of my communities users.

Community host such as myself are your harshest critics and a big seller of the games we host, all on our own dime.

My first impressions.

1. Opening the game, the in game menu screen where you choose "Host Game", "Multiplayer", etc... Looks campy and "mod" looking. Make it more like the lil intro screen when you first fire the game up. When I saw this screen I was afraid of what I was in for... I was right.

2. Zombie Panic source with slightly better graphics. Slightly... If that...
No way NEAR the stunning graphics in L4D. Switch to Orange box engine anyone? Yes, comparing to L4D because it is a quality zombie game and is the best to make comparison with. This game is Zombie Panic Source level at best. Should still be a mod and not for retail sale.

3. ZED, the slow mo stuff is annoying... How do I turn it off for gawds sake? And I go slow-mo when someone else does something that triggers it... Annoying. Make an option for off and on for each individual. At minimum make it a server cvar to turn on and off.

4. Simple feature like in game voice chat through mic, horrible... Absolutely bad quality. In game can not read any ones nick name... Fuzzy lil characters that are illegible.

5. Game randomly crashed numerous times...
My Specs: i7, 6 gig ram and a shiney new nvidia card... My machine is no issue, I assure you. My colo server I run TF2, L4D, CS:S servers etc, far exceeds whats needed. Hardware is NO issue... Don't waste my time asking about any of this...

6. Mod... This game is still a mod... Again, shine up the graphics and make it more appealing. A good attempt and a GREAT concept. This would be GREAT if the damn graphics where just brought up to date. Everything is just.... fuzzy....

7. I saw the previews, got excited, only to within 2 minutes flat say no... My community will not host this game long term... I am a bit embarassed I suggested this game to so many ppl who bought it, only to be so disappointed. I just this minute had a guy ask me how was the game, should I get it, and sadly I had to say "Save your money"...

8. Game reverts to windowed mode when you close it and reopen it.

9. Crosshairs anyone? Even when zoomed in your aiming is hokie and not accurate. When shooting your essentially spamming everywhere to bring something down.

I bought this game for myself and my wife, both avid gamers. Thank goodness I didnt buy it for my two kids that game as well. Again, a GREAT concept. polish the graphics, make it modern looking, get away from the "mod" look, dump the Unreal engine (guessing this is the biggest factor), give a free upgrade to those of us who purchased this game at this time, and repackage and try again. And do it quick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Salvage something that has hope...

Take the money you made and run with modernizing it and bringing it up to par, or just take the money you made and run... Ask valve for help... Something...

If there was a "Click for refund and uninstall" I would click it twice... Once on my acct, and once on my wifes...

Sorry guys, I wont invest my time hosting this game for the time being after the initial "fad of Killing Floor" passes.

Unless you guys put some serious changes in place...

Good try, but dont buy....

Upvote 0
Just done playing like two hours on a "Beginner" server.
first game. it was way too easy, but the game itself is great.
it's just plain fun shooting specimens, and sticking together as a team.
then again, it was too easy with waves of 100 specimens.
bigger waves could be much more challenging - however i haven't tried any other difficulties yet, will do tomorrow.

Upvote 0