• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First impressions thread!

I am extremeley satisfied
its more fast paced then the mod wich i love
the iron sights and aiming feels very precice

it includes a bunch of weaponss wich totaly make up for the already gritty atmosphere. i'm talking about the crossbow. fire axe. chainsaw :D

i really love the art direction and its color pallete
really gave me the same mood as the oldie FPS games wich i still love to this day. here is an example of what i mean

743587.png

Upvote 0
This game is awesome and me and my friends who tried it love it.

TWI, thank you very much =)

and I REALLY REALLY love Hedgeho*cough*... I mean... the farm ^^

loved specially the winchester, and the ZED time that allowed me to place some nice headshots, tho I was the one who was triggering the ZED time most of the time =P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think it is truly amazing. When I first bought L4D, and played it, it went over well, but not this well. This game was well worth the money and more. Though I'm not complaining about the game's price tag, after playing it, I think it's more deserving of the $40 price tag than L4D.

But, aside from comparing it, it is an excellent game. I regret not playing the mod to see what all's been improved, but I love the gun selection. No gun feels underpowered, and I love the whole only certain guns have flashlights thing. Gives you a reason to use your default pistols.

Every gun has a time and place where it is most effective. Right now I'm loving the handcannons, Hunting shotty, and the Lever action rifle.

I played West London, the bio lab, and the farm, and all three were majorly different experiences. In WL, you've got the streets crawling with these things, and seeing the place on fire, and abandoned, bloody, it's amazing. The lab, you've got this abandoned, industrial murder chamber basically, where the halls are small, and filled with the bastards. Very intense, dark too. Then the farm, light is rare, so you use your pistols a lot, and it's big, and open. Easy to get seperated from the team, not easy to get seperated from the specimens. Very, very atmospheric. Each map has its own feel. Many props to Tripwire for this.

This game gets a 10/10 from me. Amazing experience. I'm off to watch a tad of TV, eat, then it's back to KF.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, each round, the people I played with were nice. Nobody got voted to kick, and they didn't yell at people who don't have a mic. Nice people. I think this game's got a long future ahead of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My first mostly full game was really good. Even on beginner the waves closed in around us and it got a little hectic. Everything maxed out and the game runs like buttah.

That said, the connection issues are pretty bad right now. Listen servers not working + unreliable connections to other servers = lots of frustration trying to play with friends. That will improve though. I imagine the servers are getting hammered right now and that's part of the issue too.

The sound effects are also as TW said they would be....not overly obnoxious.

All in all I'm pretty pleased with my $15 purchase. This will be a lot of fun with good friends and the difficulty cranked way up. Just looking to get the connection issues sorted out now.

Upvote 0
So far the game is great! I will go ahead and sound off on some of the things that I liked and disliked.

Liked:
Weapons feel great, especially the hunting shotgun :D
Graphics are pretty awesome
Love the pace of the game

Disliked:
Not a fan of the HUD's graphics.

This was just off the top of my head, I'm sure I will think of more things to say (good and bad...hopefully more good) as I play more.

Upvote 0
At the highest settings this game looks good...even by today's standards.

The weapon animations and sound effects are great (love the dual desert eagles which I thought was going to be dumb)

I haven't played online yet, just the solo to get the feel of the game and it's pretty fun, but that fourth wave on a short game is tough by yourself.

and like mentioned before, KF-Farm, more like RO-Hedgehog...if only I could find an MP40 or a PPSh-41 then we'd be in business.

great game so far

Upvote 0