• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German ask's for help

Ringelbeatz

May 11, 2009
Hey guys,
I read a lot about KF and I really want to buy it.
BUT I live in good old Germany with the nice anti-violence-in-video-game-laws.

So I thought it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here is my question:

Is anyone from "not-Germany" up to help me to get the uncut-version of KF?

I would be very grateful for help and maybe one of you will help if I ask here.

if there are guys who want to help p.m.'s are welcome.

I wouldn't ask here if there were other ways for me.

Hey guys,
I read a lot about KF and I really want to buy it.
BUT I live in good old Germany with the nice anti-violence-in-video-game-laws.

So I thought it doesn't hurt to ask.
Here is my question:

Is anyone from "not-Germany" up to help me to get the uncut-version of KF?

I would be very grateful for help and maybe one of you will help if I ask here.

if there are guys who want to help p.m.'s are welcome.

I wouldn't ask here if there were other ways for me.
Pay someone to send you the good old European KF through steam? If that will work...

Upvote 0
As i understand it, Steam will notice that your IP comes from Germany, and therefor will give you the German version even if it's gifted to you from some outside of Germany, thus this approach wont work.

Spoofing your IP somehow or perhabs an Austrian version are likely to be your best bets, as is getting the game on Disc instead of via download.

Upvote 0
Move out of Germany? :p

Maybe you could run Steam through a proxy server of some sort and fake yourself as being a non-German Resident, like American or British, you know? I know people who did that to get the uncensored L4D.

Download Proxycap
http://www.proxycap.com/

And tunnel Steam through Socks5 proxy. I think i have a few premium Socks5 proxys so let me know if you need one. THere should be free ones too i think.

Then change your country information in Steam.

Then re-download Killing Floor (if you already have the censored).

Should work in theory. But i'm noob when it comes to Steam so i'm not too sure.

Reactions: Mkilbride2599
Upvote 0
As i understand it, Steam will notice that your IP comes from Germany, and therefor will give you the German version even if it's gifted to you from some outside of Germany, thus this approach wont work.

Spoofing your IP somehow or perhabs an Austrian version are likely to be your best bets, as is getting the game on Disc instead of via download.

Question is: Will there be an uncut German version for Austria?

Also I'm not sure about the IP thing. As Stern I know many germans who got RO and L4D as a gift from outside germany and got the uncut version.

Upvote 0
Guys there won't be a German (aka cut version) for now.

A bit more than 24 hours left and the usk has no infos about KF on their page. And TWI didn't confirm a "preventive cut"

If you have the boxed versions of games (like the Orange Box, L4D) you have them uncut. Gifting may not always work.

The legal situation is clear, that KF doesn't need a rating because we download it from a non-EU country. Someone posted this info in another thread :rolleyes:

And RO is cut for all Germans but only because of swastikas and not gore.

Upvote 0