• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad Controls (proposal)

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
It's awesome to think of new features and so on, to discuss them (some here do it in a bit strange way) and to prove them on how good they fit, etc. but someone should think of how to get this all on the keyboard and mouse.

Features like:

- Throwing back grenades
- Retrieving wounded comrades
- Rolling while prone
- Kicking enemy players
- Blocking buttstock attacks
etc.

I thought about some controls, it's the first version so please make good criticism on it, tell me what's good and wrong. I'll improve it assap.

The_Emperor

Attachments

• RO_HOS Controls_1.0.pdf
    30.3 KB · Views: 0
i think you worry too much about things that only the dev's can decide
as we dont know how the gameplay will be, what features we have ect.

basically you are suggesting controlls to a game that we know nothing about right now

it's even possible (but highly HIGLY unlikley)that the devs suddenly decide that they abadon the current work for RO:HoS and turn it into a Hello Kitty Stalingrad sim

those are decicions that are only for the dev's

also... why do you even write down possible keys?
normally you can change the buttons in the options menu ;)

i somehow have got the feeling that you desperatly try to suggest something, even it doesnt even make sense if you think about it for 5 seconds

Upvote 0
also... why do you even write down possible keys?
normally you can change the buttons in the options menu ;)

i somehow have got the feeling that you desperatly try to suggest something, even it doesnt even make sense if you think about it for 5 seconds

I've been doing gameplay suggestions so I thought I should evidence it with a thought on the controls. Sure anybody can flip them around as he wishes to, I just took the configs I'd use so every key is accessable easily.

You got this feeling? Is this not making sense to you? Why? I just evidence that do not just splash something in here and haven't thought of how to get it into the game.

I wish others would make more suggestions rather than sitting and waiting for someone to start a thread. I guess you've lots of ideas, cause you said something about 5 seconds, so you're ideas must be like really awesome compared to mine then. Please share them, love to see them (no joke, I'm serious)

Upvote 0
Hehe so do I.

This is really awesome with you guys. I'm coming here, trying to share my wellthought suggestions with you, friendly smiling and so on. All you got to do is to bash everything up including me? Why?

I feel like a Jew in Nazi Germany or like a black before Martin Luther King. Not nice :( :(

You tell me my threads are spam? So why are you keeping on reading them then? If they are, in your all eyes, such utter spam, no now I should say "crap", why are you feasting on it still?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You tell me my threads are spam? So why are you keeping on reading them then? If they are, in your all eyes, such utter spam, no now I should say "crap", why are you feasting on it still?

Because if light is never brought to a certain situation, then things will never be solved. I think it's great that you're trying to bring your own suggestions to the table, but you should have compiled all these .pdfs into one thread.

Upvote 0
I think the question is who are you proposing this to? From the sounds of it (based on a reviewer playing an early version) the DEVs are tinkering at this point, probably not adding huge gameplay changing features. With these last few months the team is likely polishing what they have, squashing bugs, making it shine, and then the media blitz.

Upvote 0
I wish others would make more suggestions rather than sitting and waiting for someone to start a thread.

I suggest you wait for Tripwire to release some more details before making all these suggestion threads. My guess is they are way past the development stage of even considering most of them anyway. They are either in or not.

Or, stick to one thread and call it your RO:HoS wishlist or something.

Upvote 0