• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Collectors Edition

I was wondering if TW has any plans of remaking a Collectors Edition of RO, digitally for Steam but also retail with different packaging and collectors stuff inside, for Europe as well.

I'm prepared to pay, I'm sure some others are. This can also mean a small revival for the game perhaps, so we can bring in even more fresh meat? Lots of servers are empty during midday, it's only at night when they are full, but it would be nice to have some more players.

Collectors please?

Its unlikely that Tripwire will release anything like a collectors edition, since RO is the past, RO2 HoS is the future.
Most of todays RO players will probably migrate over to the new game when it is released anyway, so their won't be many populated RO servers left at that time, its too late to revive RO, bring on RO2, thats where all the fresh meat is gonna be lol.

Upvote 0
I understand the main reasons but since it's only veterans + a couple of newbies who bought it expecting another CoD style game, Tripwire can make a small effort and reward us...

Plus they get cash out of it as well.

The thing is, with us veterans (I've been playing RO for 3 years, summer 2006), we need fresh meat to feed our RO addiction. The 5$ price tag helps a lot, but lots of servers are still empty and it's not fun, especially during midday. Everyone now is hyped by RO-HOS, but why not continue to play RO until HOS comes out?

We need more players, so why not a exclusive collectors edition? Plus TW would get cash as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
boils down to intelligence, which some people do not have much of. plus, i bought it for $40 i think. why would i sell it to make no profit, and why would somebody want to buy it if it isn't worth anything?

it's not really greed that's economic problems, but people spending money that they do not have on mostly things they don't NEED but WANT and banks lending out money to people they know cannot pay it back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it's not really greed that's economic problems, but people spending money that they do not have on mostly things they don't NEED but WANT and banks lending out money to people they know cannot pay it back.

People wanting things they don't need, aint that the discription of greed pretty much...

Greed [noun] excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves

Upvote 0