• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

So what voice commands will there be this time?

I'd love to see a voice command menu similar to BF2s. I think intuitively it works really well.

I also loved the way the BF2 Commo Rose worked within the game. If I recall correctly the dialog was audible and in text. The message could be delivered to the relevant people whether it be squad or entire team.

I loved the enemy spotting system through the Commo Rose. This not only delivered the message but placed the enemy on the mini map. I'm not sure how something like this could be implimented in a WWII setting. I'm not sure whether a coordinate fix could be realistically made, but perhaps it could for artillery strikes.

There also was the ability for the leaders to give a command attached to a position on the map. You would point at an area to set the position.

Even beyond this each side would have a commander. The commander had the tools to distribute orders to the squad leaders as well as calling for an artillery strike on a given position.

It would be interesting whether this upcoming game would have a communication interface that went beyond a few canned phrases.

Upvote 0
My suggestions for Voice Commands

My suggestions for Voice Commands

I thought I'll compose some voice commands for RO:HoS.

On the left side is always what it's in chat text and the right side represents what's said as audio. This is throughout the document except the taunts.
As RO:OST also just mentions "insult" as chat log I thought there's no need, but for understanding I'll translate now:

1. Hey Russian peasant, I need a target and take your sister right along!

2. Hey Russian, soon I'm in Moscow and you are rotten on the battlefield!

3. When we captured this city, I'll piss on your tomb!

4. Hey Russian, back down! Makes it easier for both of us!

5. Hey Russian, you've yet enough?

6. Pussy, your whole army is a bunch of girls!

7. Back down! Sooner or later you'll have to die anyway!

8. Die you coward pig!

9. Feast on that grenade, you bastard!

10. When we're finished here we'll go on in Siberia

11. Hey Boris. No matter if we win or lose, we are able to go home after war!

12. The Russian Army has no real helmets for their soldiers. They look like night pots!

13. You filthy Russian pig can only die!

14. Better you than we Russian pig!

15. Run in fear, you can't save Russia!

16. Both of us know that you don't stand a chance against me!

17. Stalin sends his worst soldiers against us! A humiliation!

18. Burn in hell you filthy Russian bastards!

19. There's only space for one of us!

20. Hey Russian! Don't you know that Stalin gives **** about you living or dead?

21. Hey Russian! Did you know Stalin plays with dolls!

-------------------------------------------------------

I got inspired a bit by Call of Duty series, but it's mainly that what I guess I'd be shooting at Russians. :)

I hope you like it. :)

Attachments

• German Voice Commands_for_ROHOS.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0