• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC or Console?

PC or Console?

• Total voters
We all want Tripwire to be sucessful and expand.

There is a reason I don't have a console, and that is the games that I like to play work much better on a PC. So why pay more money out for a console and for its dumbed-down (*my opinion) games when I can either save it or buy a better piece of hardware for my PC?

Bottom line is, I would prefer PC only, or at the very least that the game was designed so that PC gamers can fully take advantage of all the options a PC will allow a game.

*~~~by dumbed down, I mean less movement/firing options, weapon reload, key binding, free aim, etc etc that result from design being based on a keypad. I like options and more options such as RO offers now. I come from a background of playing (the boardgame) Advanced Squad Leader and like games where the instructions came in a binder 2 inches thick :D , so the more difficult with more options the better!

Upvote 0
We all want Tripwire to be sucessful and expand.

There is a reason I don't have a console, and that is the games that I like to play work much better on a PC. So why pay more money out for a console and for its dumbed-down (*my opinion) games when I can either save it or buy a better piece of hardware for my PC?

Bottom line is, I would prefer PC only, or at the very least that the game was designed so that PC gamers can fully take advantage of all the options a PC will allow a game.

*~~~by dumbed down, I mean less movement/firing options, weapon reload, key binding, free aim, etc etc that result from design being based on a keypad. I like options and more options such as RO offers now. I come from a background of playing (the boardgame) Advanced Squad Leader and like games where the instructions came in a binder 2 inches thick :D , so the more difficult with more options the better!

I always wanted to try games like that Moe they look very interesting to me. Boardgamegeek has like hundreds I want to play:D

Upvote 0
for me the issue with consoles aint the buttons. even in ro you can do pretty much everything with a few buttons.

For me the major issue is the lack of powerfull hardware and memory. Meaning maps must be smaller with far more visualblocks usually removing the ability to clearly look over an entire square or street.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PC only. Why? Mods. Games that are multi-platform (at least at launch) always have less mods. If the audience on the PC version is reduced, less people would make mods for it.

And the amount of online players would probably die off quicker. For example, many people might stop playing if there are only a few servers and a small number of players. Since the audience would be split three ways, it will be smaller to beign with,

There are acceptions, such as big sellers like CoD4, but no matter how successful RO:HoS is, I doubt it will come even close to CoD4 in terms of sales.

I really hope it is PC only. At least PC only for the first year or so.

Upvote 0
PC only if it's up to me, but i can see they want the extra income from consoles.
If that happens, then it should be made as a PC game, and then port it over to consoles when the PC version is done, so nothing has to be compromised for us PC gamers.

I would cry if another good tactical shooter bites the dust and sells out to consoles and the mainstream crowd.
R6, GR, OFP, all true and instant classics, i couldnt endure any more. Don't make me go on a highschool shootout!:p

Upvote 0