• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Another Runtime Library C++

Wolfiefang

Grizzled Veteran
May 1, 2009
OK let's start off the Error i get when running it via the exe

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ -1046 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: No Video

General protection fault!

History: UWindowsClient::UWindowsClient <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

What I have Tried:
Deleting the two .ini files
Updating Direct X
Updating Visual Library C++
Verifying Cache
Running through the exe, even tried in 2000 compatibility like one post requested
Deleting the whole red orchestra files and reinstalling a fresh

Basically there's talk it's a steam side issue? Does this sound like one? I'd really hate to have to go through their support but if I must..
Also am I CRAZY in that it's saying I have no video and NEGATIVE processor? Obviously I don't have any other issues with any other games... and such.... sigh.

Last edited:
try mobo drivers and as weird as it sounds processor drivers (yes they actually exist :p)

I'll try it! I didn't even think about it. as far fetched of a fix as it sounds, it's atleast something I haven't tried. I'll get back to you on that.

fiftyone said:
Delete the whole system folder and start the game through the Steam games list.

The exe. in the system folder is not the way to go.
Often after a Steam platform update, desktop links do not work and have to be replaced...

Uhh.. did I not say I tried that? yeah I did, "delete the entire red orchestra folder".. first post.. Is that not what you mean? there another folder I should delete? I even reinstalled all of STEAM once x.X am I missing something?

Upvote 0
No, if you deleted the whole RO folder in your Steam/common folder you would have deleted the system file.

The "unknown processor" is a lot less common than the "unknown video" line!

so then I deleted the system folder... and. I'm confused. I'm very confused as to what you where asking me to do. None the less I've used every way to try and start it, I've uninstalled reinstalled several times.

I'm just not understanding how EVERY other game works (well game engine, just tried killing floor and FAILED.) What would this one game engine need that the other don't?

Upvote 0