• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Screenshot & Movie Thread

It's Zeno Clash, and it runs on the Source engine.
I pre-ordered it during the 75% discount weekend for like 8 dollars because it looked interesting.
Combat is pretty fun, one of the best first person fighting games i've played (including Dark Messiah, which is rather simplistic in comparison tbh. There are more combo's etc possible in Zeno, and the artistic style flowed into some combat moves as well, like people standing on their head to kick you breakdance-style, stuff like that).

I had little clue as to what to expect going into the game though, there are some arena-type area's, but also some locations where you have to advance across the map. Not a lot of freedom here, but a fighting game doesnt really need it.
The art style is fresh, the gameplay pretty cool, and it's not to expensive, so if you need something new this one definitely a recommendation.

Upvote 0
city0015.jpg

endworld0001.jpg

plains_return0008.jpg

plains_return0010.jpg

road0004.jpg

woods10005.jpg

woods20007.jpg

Upvote 0
No, actually that vid was made with the latest official version, and not with the 1.15 or 1.16 beta.

I had all settings on normal for this vid, but i really shouldnt try it in a multiplayer environment, or even start a battle somewhere cause probably it would turn into a slideshow at that point :D

On a sidenote, i just finished Zeno Clash, pretty cool game :)

Upvote 0
Nice looking map joschua. Instead of decompiling and resizing models make new ones, at least for the stuff that's close like the keyboard. Other then that and the ladders it looks like a real winner, looking forward to release.

I would remodel things if I knew how to model. As for the ladders I'm looking into other non ladder ways of getting around but so far nothing has sparked me.

Upvote 0
A climbable, foldy sweater or bed-sheets that hang from the bed. Not climbably like a ladder, but like a piece of mountain in that you can run and jump up the folds. Or a climbably (like a ladder) string that got lose from a piece of cloth on the bed (a t-shirt or something) that hangs down, with little pieces of fluff on it. Or a cable from a controller or from head-phones that the players can walk up. The cable idea would also work to get players on the top of a closet. Just have something with a cable up there (a radio maybe) have the cable dangle down to the floor and make it climbable like a ladder.

Jump-pads are always fun too btw. You could have an ear-piece of one of those big head-phones broken off and lying, ear-side up, on the ground next to the rest of the head-phones and make the ear-piece a jumppad.

If nothing else helps: teleporters. E.g. a sock with a hole where the big toe goes. Players can walk into the sock and when they walk out of that hole it acts as a portal into the other sock, also with a whole in the same place.
Or let the player jump into one of the holes of an outlet, then give a star-gate like travelling effect that has an electricity vibe and then have them jump out of the hole of another outlet.

Upvote 0