• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Sprint with the same functionality of the knife will make the game feel less ghetto/cheesy.

notice how i said same functionality as knife, which implies that you will not be able to fire while you are sprinting because it will play exactly the same as though you had a knife out except no knifing capability. i think that having the game feel more modern by adding sprint quickly or in a patch close to launch could improve sales a tiny bit so devs put it in :D . plus the 6 friends i have convinced to buy this game ( do your part! spread the word! ) will be judgmental when they find out they have to switch to their knife.

also point two : Nobody likes to have to switch to the knife to run unless they grew accustomed to it or are part of a very small minority of players.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A: Hitting the mouse-wheel in the mod makes you switch to your knife. No scrolling.

B: Knife run speed increase helps people who are using a knife fight in melee. Believe me, it makes a difference.

C: I'll put a dollar on half of you having not played the mod. If you haven't played it, don't spit on pieces of it, cause you don't actually understand.

And finally, I'd much rather they put in an RPG system than a sprint system. ;)

Upvote 0
A: Hitting the mouse-wheel in the mod makes you switch to your knife. No scrolling.

B: Knife run speed increase helps people who are using a knife fight in melee. Believe me, it makes a difference.

C: I'll put a dollar on half of you having not played the mod. If you haven't played it, don't spit on pieces of it, cause you don't actually understand.

And finally, I'd much rather they put in an RPG system than a sprint system. ;)
A. I hated the weapon binds in KF..
B. So? Why not allow attacking with melee weapons while sprinting, but not shooting guns?
C. I played it.

Upvote 0
If you've played the mod, you will know that when you mess up and get surrounded, you often die. "Taking out the knife" doesnt suddenly make you turn to light speed or something, you usually still get outrun, especially if you are injured.

Sprinting away from danger is just not how KF works. the whole idea is dont let yourself get outmaneuvered like that in the first place, and if you do - fight , dont run.

Upvote 0
If you've played the mod, you will know that when you mess up and get surrounded, you often die. "Taking out the knife" doesnt suddenly make you turn to light speed or something, you usually still get outrun, especially if you are injured.

Sprinting away from danger is just not how KF works. the whole idea is dont let yourself get outmaneuvered like that in the first place, and if you do - fight , dont run.

I Fully Agree with this personally.

Upvote 0
Sprint with the same functionality of the knife will make the game feel less ghetto/cheesy.

also point two : Nobody likes to have to switch to the knife to run unless they grew accustomed to it or are part of a very small minority of players.

Actually, sprinting makes a game more cheesy and getthoish.
Also, people who like sprinting are a very small minority, not the people who like knife switching. My proof? The huge amount of CS players.
Also, the speed bonus is what makes the knife so deadly and versatile.
So no, tripwire, on behalf of all who like fun and good gameplay, DO NOT patch out knife speed bonus.

Upvote 0
Actually, sprinting makes a game more cheesy and getthoish.
Also, people who like sprinting are a very small minority, not the people who like knife switching. My proof? The huge amount of CS players.
Also, the speed bonus is what makes the knife so deadly and versatile.
So no, tripwire, on behalf of all who like fun and good gameplay, DO NOT patch out knife speed bonus.

So let me follow this...

Counter-Strike has a lot of players.
Counter-Strike has increased running with the knife.

So thus a lot of people like increased running with the knife.

I'm sorry, but that's called a fallacy...which is not proof at all.

Edit: And how does sprinting make the game cheesy and ghetto-ish? That's just equivalent to a "NU UH" statement. The reason he said that knife-run is cheesy is because it's silly that holding a knife suddenly imbues you with extra running speed. What's so cheesy about sprinting?

Last edited:
Upvote 0