• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Borderland - new images

I hear it has over half a million... "Unique weapons"

Sad to say, but from what I've heard from most people is the "Unique weapons", are often just a different colored version of another one, even just in tone, or a part of the weapon is a different color.

Style looks good, but I think the half a million weapons thing is a bad thing to really make a key feature...cause it'll end up really stale. It's impossible to have over half a million unique weapons. It's impossible in reality and even games.

Upvote 0
I hear it has over half a million... "Unique weapons"

Sad to say, but from what I've heard from most people is the "Unique weapons", are often just a different colored version of another one, even just in tone, or a part of the weapon is a different color.

Style looks good, but I think the half a million weapons thing is a bad thing to really make a key feature...cause it'll end up really stale. It's impossible to have over half a million unique weapons. It's impossible in reality and even games.

I think its more like in game like in diablo, where alot of the weapons have randomized attributes eg power, duribility etc. In that way you could argue that there all unique and different to each other but in reality there's probadly just a couple of base models which change slightly or look a bit different.

Upvote 0
I think its more like in game like in diablo, where alot of the weapons have randomized attributes eg power, duribility etc. In that way you could argue that there all unique and different to each other but in reality there's probadly just a couple of base models which change slightly or look a bit different.

Alot of MMOs do this sort of thing too. Unfortunately while it likely meets the textbook definition of 'unique'; it does make you feel cheated since this crossbow of power +2 looks just like the crossbow of power +2 w/ enhanced durability (which means it just lasts 5 minutes longer?).

I know Dark Age of Camelot did a similar thing.. although they didn't advert it as 'over 1million unique weapons'

Upvote 0