• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

Tiscali's screenshots arent on highest settings, for some reason they've got it in for BIS and try to mess it up for them. (more proof? Look at the screenshots they used for their Armed Assault review)
Look at Dslyecxi's screens and you can easily tell the difference.
From what I can tell Dsylecxi spends a lot on hardware. So for us less hardcore gamers, Tiscali is as close to what we will get to see as Dsylecxi is. I don't think they "try to mess it up for them", but rather they present "the other view" that takes into account what many gamers actually have inside their case. Unlike the other gaming sites and magazines that usually run everything maxed out on insane rigs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But even so, is it the fault of BIS that one doesnt want to spend so much money on their pc to make ArmA2 look good?
It's a pretty simple fact that if you want your games to look good, you'll have to invest in your computer.

That said, i dont think the screens on Tiscali look that bad, but you should try and find the review of the first ArmA they did and have a look at the screenshots.
Basically they went glitch-hunting and only showed screenshots of that, and nothing else :p

Upvote 0
Tiscali's screenshots arent on highest settings, for some reason they've got it in for BIS and try to mess it up for them. (more proof? Look at the screenshots they used for their Armed Assault review)
Look at Dslyecxi's screens and you can easily tell the difference.

You're right, I just checked the screenshots in Tiscali's ArmA preview and they sure look similar compared to the ArmA2 preview.

Upvote 0
From what I can tell Dsylecxi spends a lot on hardware. So for us less hardcore gamers, Tiscali is as close to what we will get to see as Dsylecxi is. I don't think they "try to mess it up for them", but rather they present "the other view" that takes into account what many gamers actually have inside their case. Unlike the other gaming sites and magazines that usually run everything maxed out on insane rigs.
Well, the IGN preview said that it runs quite okay (with all settings on "medium") on a 8800GTS which is pretty much standard nowadays.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Those Tiscali screens looked about the same as Arma 1 on medium, I don't know who they think they were fooling by saying it was very high. Anyways what are you guys thinking this game is going to need??

Currently I have a C2D E6600, 2GB DDR2 and a GTX 280 (which I just got on an awesome sale yippeee). I'm thinking my CPU would really be the weakest link here as I got it when C2D processors were brand spanking new. It'd probably be worth dropping in a quad core but I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I do that.

Upvote 0
I just got reliable intel that the Core 2-lineup will get a huge price cut in Q3 this year due to the release of the Core i5 successor.
Maybe it's valuable information? ;)

If your motherboard supports Yorkfield that is... If it supports DDR3 you might want to consider waiting for XMP memory to get cheaper aswell.
Because only your CPU is outdated, you could still have a kickass machine...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ha, I don't have to save money and the game will be relased a month earlier in Germany :p

We will be playing on the 29th of May, World exclusive :D
Really? Well we'll see if that will be so much of an advantage, because after reading the GameStar preview(-> basics are great but it's still very buggy and not all parts work together without problems so far) I'm skeptical.

Upvote 0