• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

The fixed wing aircraft (or the helicopters for that matter) so far were not really up to simulator niveau in BIS games.

So not having them and instead fine tuning what really counts (infantry combat and to a lesser extent vehicles) is a plus in my book.

Do what you can do right. Not do it all but half as sed.

Note: I'm not saying OFP2 does that.

Upvote 0
Dragon Rising is looking so sad, they are slowly but surely doing a 180 reversal from everything they ever said the game would be. They have so far;

- Removed fixed wing aircraft.
- Said the game is being made more accessible for casual players (read: the game will be arcade).
- Removed the editor for the console version, no doubt so that they can sell missions to console owners as DLC and line their pockets.
- Limited the player counts to an extremely low level (coop 4 for console 8 for pc, pvp 16 for console 32 for pc).

It's a joke, they no longer deserve to even use the name Operation Flashpoint, it's a slap in the face to the original game. I'm afraid now hopes of a good milsim lie with Arma2, and hey I must admit it is starting to look good. Let's hope BIS can deliver!

Upvote 0
Sure, it's 16 vs 16 MP in OFP 2, but each player commands a four soldier fireteam. So it's you + three bots. So the max soldiers on a map is 64 vs 64.
And to be honest, I don't care if they removed the mission editor from the console version, or that the game doesn't have fixed wing aircrafts or that the game is made more accessible (the game will be arcade? Omfg you have only seen videos of the game). I don't like having 10000 different key combinations that I have to remember in order to play a game (like OFP and ArmA).

Upvote 0
Sure, it's 16 vs 16 MP in OFP 2, but each player commands a four soldier fireteam. So it's you + three bots. So the max soldiers on a map is 64 vs 64.

Personally, I think this might be a good model for RO2 if it allows the game to have a realistic number of soldiers on the battlefield, and if the AI is good enough that they can be left alone for the most part. It seems like a cheap way to quadruple the density of the battles.

Upvote 0
And to be honest, I don't care if they removed the mission editor from the console version, or that the game doesn't have fixed wing aircrafts or that the game is made more accessible (the game will be arcade? Omfg you have only seen videos of the game). I don't like having 10000 different key combinations that I have to remember in order to play a game (like OFP and ArmA).

So you would like OFP2 to be dumbed down?
If you didnt like the original, then why on god's earth are you looking forward to the second part?
Not that itll matter much, because OFP2 is going to suck anyway. One only has to look at the video's and look at the playermovement and stuff like that to lose all hope. It looks like Battlefield, for crying out loud.

ArmA2 is the only true sequel, and thank god they are staying true to what OFP has always been.

Oh, and what Kettch said: Burn, Codemasters, burn. Burn to the ground.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
whats this talk with 1000 different key combinations?

All you need to know is how to move, reload, bring up the sights, bring up the menu for if you want to change weapons(middle mouse omg) and if you are leading how to issue commands.

Well if you add stance keys(standing, crouched, prone), map, clock, sit down, salute, compass and all those itty-bitty keys, Xen has a point.

But nwm, don't feed the troll :p

Upvote 0
So you would like OFP2 to be dumbed down?
If you didnt like the original, then why on god's earth are you looking forward to the second part?
Not that itll matter much, because OFP2 is going to suck anyway. One only has to look at the video's and look at the playermovement and stuff like that to lose all hope. It looks like Battlefield, for crying out loud.

ArmA2 is the only true sequel, and thank god they are staying true to what OFP has always been.

Oh, and what Kettch said: Burn, Codemasters, burn. Burn to the ground.

Because OFP 2 isn't being made by failhemia interactive. ArmA had a good concept, but it failed miserably. It didn't have any aspects of real world infantry combat.

Also, what's so bad about player movement? Surely it's better than ArmA's clunky ****hole system that doesn't respond to controls at all? I mean, trying to dive takes like two seconds.

Upvote 0
Well if you add stance keys(standing, crouched, prone), map, clock, sit down, salute, compass and all those itty-bitty keys, Xen has a point.

But nwm, don't feed the troll :p

map is common im most maps, clock is only something you rarely use, compass is a nice handy thing. The stance keys are pretty standard for a fps and salute sit down etc are all useless.

Upvote 0