• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tiger, worst tank in RO ?

jeffduquette said:
It is also very easy to limit respawn numbers for vehicle types. Why this is rarely employed by map makers is beyond me. It is a very easy way to add flavor to a map or balance a scenario by limiting uber tanks.

Yeah, it makes them more important as well you can not waste them because of this limited nature you could actually make the peticular tank as mean (realistic) as it is balanced by its limited nature in the map not via code which is a good thing, I voiced this opinion over on DH.

jeffduquette said:
....is also very easy to limit respawn numbers for vehicle types. Why this is rarely employed by map makers is beyond me. It is a very easy way to add flavor to a map or balance a scenario by limiting uber tanks

It should be limited as well as long re-spawning to mimic "the tank being brought up from elsewhere".Both fetures are not used as much as they should be.

jeffduquette said:
to play poorly thought-out rehashes of Debrecen and Orel. Both were brilliant maps in their original form -- but they have become so bunged-up during countless 30-minute drive-by hack and slash editing sessions. There ought to be a law…
Yeah I know what you mean I loved RO-Orel and RO-Debrecen however the rip-off verisons make me want to vomit. The worst part other than the poor loadouts is the fact that they are incredibly ugly, buggy, provide no fixes for any of the exploits/errors from the orginal infact they add more (Debrecen arcada). On RO-Orel noone bothered to actually fix the river so that tanks could not go underwater any more just more mindless tanks that were never issued in the Kursk-Orel sector.

jeffduquette said:
F-it -- I'm gonna go play Alte Ziegelei...fortunately no one has monkeyed with it -- yet...

Would be the best tank map however the clown car, Soviet fausts ( I swear they use it more than the Germans) and satchels ruin it for me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it is possible to limit the number of player roles on each side. I think you need one role with no limit. But you can get around that by setting a rifleman role to unlimited. Than you place a role actor for tank crewmen -- set its maximum allowable players to 3 (or whatever).

Not what I meant.
What I meant, was, is it possible that the game makes it so that you can't join one of the sides, if there isn't, say , already twice as much people in the other side...
Imbalanced players ratios.

Upvote 0
Not what I meant.
What I meant, was, is it possible that the game makes it so that you can't join one of the sides, if there isn't, say , already twice as much people in the other side...
Imbalanced players ratios.

That one I don't know. Very good question from the perspective of the potential it would open for scenario design. Perhaps something server adminers' could spend some time figuring out. I'll ask around...

Upvote 0
...Would be the best tank map however the clown car, Soviet fausts ( I swear they use it more than the Germans) and satchels ruin it for me.

Yes -- very good map, but I could also live without the clown cars. And I mostly play Russians. However, I play enough on the German side to know that the clown cars should go -- or at least limit them to maybe 2 or 3 respawns each. But it's Foo'bars map, so should be his decision as to what goes on the thing.

I think Foo'bars intent was to provide infantry roles a means to get to into the fight quickly. The carriers are pretty slow. But they are miss-used. And their presense on the map makes for the worst sort of gameyness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Kind of off topic, but still somewhat related to this tank talk, what is the best way to knock the tracks off in RO?

On an angled T34 you hit the track facing inwards, under the tank. On an angled IS2 you hit the center outer track, you should see a small wheel in the the center. Hitting these locations will track the enemy tank 100% of the time, so it's best you load up one of the tank practice maps and give it a shot.

When you track an IS2 you will hear a penetration sound, but not for the T34.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I see I appeared too late to spam this thread with my lack of knowledge, but I remember someone mentioning that they wanted more early war tiger engagements and thought I would show a teaser of a scenario <AKA> was working on

Shot00050.jpg

Credits:

Code and KzF2 MG reticle texture by Shurek
Tiger tank skins by Welt
Tank commander binoculars texture by Amizaur (for Armored Beasts)

Upvote 0
You are correct

You are correct

Seriously why it sucks so hard, super slow tower rotate and even slower reload. Within 1 kwk36 reload t34 can shot 2 times what usually change out tiger into piece of junk even in front armor. Pz4 is far better than it, however usually dies in 1 shot from IS2, luckly in 2. Also russian tanks are imbalanced with their powershield stolen from some alien technology, their power of deflecting rounds is just magic

The Tiger is very much "dumbed" down for the game. Armour is not as good as it should be. Turret movement is so slow as to be almost certain death.

Upvote 0