• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

List of guns and upgrades.

Sgt. Lag

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Argentina, BA
www.iq4.com.ar
Hi, sorry if this was posted before but I've been trying to find a list of the guns included in this game.
I see there's a flamethrower, that's really good.

1-Will there be chainsaws? A zombie game NEEDS a chainsaw!

2-I also read that you can wield doors shut, it sounds really cool. Can you do this with the flamethrower or do you have to use a different item?
Can anyone do this or is it class specific?

Im also interested to find out how the upgrade system works.

3-Can you buy upgrades to your current guns (like attachments) or do you buy better weapons?

4-Do you keep those guns if you leave the server?

5-Are there any other items you can buy?

6-Can you kill the merchant like in Resident Evil 4? (lol)

7-I see the game has no crosshairs, AWESOME! But what about iron sights? You gotta have those.

Thank you, looking forward for a team oriented carnage!

Lol welding a door with a flamethrower XD

In the current version of killing floor

Tools

• Welder: The welder utility is used to seal doors shut, or to open previously sealed doors. The doors can hold a certain amount of damage before specimens can breach the door. Welded doors can also be open by throwing a frag grenade or by shooting a rocket with the L.A.W weapon.

• Medical Syringe: The Medical Syringe on Killing Floor has the appearance to that of a jet injector and is used to administer a medicinal substance into the bloodstream to relieve pain and heal wounds of allied characters. It is also self administrable. However, doing so hinders the applicants ability to reload the device for a short period (since the character injects himself in the reloading arm, which is painful), making it less effective.

Melee weapons

• Knife: The basic melee weapon. This weapon is used mostly for running purposes, as wielding a melee weapon allows characters the mobility to run.
  • Broken Pipe: A balanced combination between speed and power, useful against masses of weak enemies like Clots, Stalkers and Crawlers.
  • Axe: A slower but more powerful melee weapon, the Axe is good for masses of weak and medium enemies like Gorefasts and Bloats.
Earlier versions included a chainsaw as well, but this was removed following the version 2 release.

Firearms

• 9 mm Tactical: The standard 9 mm caliber handgun is fast and has a built-in flashlight, useful against all sorts of weak enemies, especially Crawlers and Clots, and can also be dual wielded for double the capacity, firepower and speed.
  • Bullpup: A fast shooting carbine with a scope that is very versatile against the majority enemies. It is most effective when used with the Commando Perk.
  • Flamethrower: A very fast torrent of flaming fuel is expelled out of this weapon. Be careful though, as it leaves flaming traces and if you walk forward you will burn, as well as burn allies (even if friendly fire is off).
  • Handcannon: A .50 caliber AE handgun, it is much powerful than the 9 mm and is very effective against Gorefasts and Scrakes. Good along with the Support Perk.
  • Shotgun: The well known shotgun needs no introduction. Effective against Scrakes, Gorefasts and Sirens. Used best with the Support Perk.
  • Hunting Shotgun: The hunting shotgun is one of the most powerful weapons in Killing Floor, most effective at short ranges. Ideally used with the support perk.
  • Winchester: The famous American .44 caliber Winchester rifle. Effective at most ranges, it is wisely used by snipers with the Sharpshooter Perk, as it is very effective against most enemies by head shots.
  • Compound Crossbow: Also called the Xbow or simply Crossbow, this is a classic bolt launcher, which includes a 4X scope and auto reload after every shot. Bolts which have been shot are recoverable for reuse if they didn't hit a target previously. It is best used with the Sharpshooter perk, as this weapon causes massive head shot damage.
  • L.A.W: The Light Anti-armour Weapon is the most expensive weapon, as it is the strongest weapon you can hold. Careful though, as it causes massive splash damage, so it is a good idea not to shoot too close in range to an enemy. The L.A.W can only be used with the Support Perk, as it is too heavy to be carried normally.
  • Frag Grenade: A must have, the classic frag grenade explodes with devastating force capable of eliminating large numbers of crowded specimens and easily breaking open welded doors.
Stolen straight from wikipedia :D

In the current version there are no weapon modifications, would be intresting though.

Im afraid the merchant has been pumping too much iron and sems to be invunerable to my axe :(

Damn straight there are no crosshairs. Weapons that have ironsights will have ironsights weapons that don't won't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think all the KF weapons are being remodeled/skinned, right? But I think it'll have the same ones.

KF has a nice variety of weapons. The only thing that it's missing is a riot semi-auto grenade launcher. ^^

From the screenshots it looks like the flamethrower and SA80 are new, not sure about the pistols. And I could be wrong.

Attachments would be cool.

Upvote 0
All will be revealed... just not today :p

The persistent part of the game is the Perks system, not the weapons. Personal "power-ups" will follow you around the servers... weapon purchases are only per match...

Mind you, I guess we could go to a permanent pay-to-buy-weapons model, have your weapons wear out and you need to spend real money to replace them (JOKEjokejoke!).

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
mhm, all i can say is that the people doing the mod had no idea of firearms :p
but overall some nice weapons

but i guess a SA80 is more accurate than a winchester ;)
hope the TWI devs will help the moddevs out a little bit :D
the winchester is accurate in the mod I think, the sights are just bleh. You need to aim lower than you think.

I hope we have real weapon names this time around..

And i think a chainsaw was in the early version of the mod? But it was removed. I think chainsaw makes it too easy..
Remote controlled rocket propelled chainsaw's however..

Upvote 0
I've always been comfortable with KF's weapon choices, however, I've consistently craved more variety.

One thing I've always wanted to see in KF was a nice bolt-action rifle with a scope. Something that had huge damage, but rediculously low fire-rate. Perhaps even required to be zoomed-in to hit anything. In terms of "sharp-shooting" the Winchester consistently seems to outclass the Xbow, despite the fact that the Xbow was the only weapon with a magnified scope. This always kind of irked me...

Another thing I craved was a revolver (though the functionality of this would be rather redundant since the Handcannon is already in place).

Still, something new is always nice.

Upvote 0
eh, why have a bolt action rifle with a scope when you have crossbow with scope? The crossbow just needs a buff.

The only thing i think it lacks for variety is one of those semi-automatic riot grenade launchers that has anti-zombie-gas-stuff instead of teargas. It's at least better than L4D :p I do find it boring when i'm pretty much limited to different ways of shooting bullets, which is one thin i like about scifi games.

Upvote 0
I would just have a grenade launcher have anti-zombie gas and maybe incendiary. I don't see how you could balance HE grenades fired semi-auto without making the HE grenades unrealistically underpowered weaksauce. How would the LAW compare?

Maybe if it was an M79 instead of the semi-auto one. But I'm thinking more of that semi-automatic grenade launcher used

But I'm thinking more of the M32 which if I'm not mistaken, British riot police use extensively.
180px-M32_Grenade_launcher.jpg

You could have something like tear gas(or some anti-zombie gas thing) that'd disorient(them no longer run directly at you and slow down). make them no longer use special abilities, and lightly damage the zombies. Like think about using it on fleshpounds, they'd no longer rage so you can shoot them without worrying about pissing them off. Good for teamplay, and good against crowds.
If it fired 40mm HE grenades, it'd be too powerful if they did realistic damage and splash damage.. Incendiary would be cool though.

That's the only weapon I feel is lacking. All the other areas are covered.

Im thinking we need molotovs, we already have fire why not expand it a little. It makes sense too.
Besides L4D already doing it.. You're playing British special forces, not a ragtag group. You have access to better weapons than a piece of cloth stuffed into a bottle. You have incendiary grenades. Or there could be the M32 that fires incendiary grenades, but seeing as how you already have the flame thrower I don't find that nesisary.

I just hope they make the flame thrower better by making zombies freak out when caught on fire. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0