• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Specimen with somewhat range weaponry.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
My favourite enemy in the mod is by far the fleshpound it would be nice to have some brothers of him if things will end up close to the mod :p. Together with that afaik these guys were modified for warfare, it would be nice to have some actually with a form of longer range weaponry.

It would be nice to in the later stages have some specimen with some sort of range weaponry. (logically waves are editable by servers in the mod so old purists could keep things pure).

hitler2.jpg

Imagine someone like this, with slow movement speed, slow turning speed and slow reload speed. (so if you run with a knife relatively close you can go to his back and shoot stab him.) So not easy to kill but doable with cooperation.

But with loads of damage dealt and quite some health. Some enemies that use a form of range weaponry could spice up the game. Especially when people find exploit spots or whatever that are too high for enemies to reach.

Weaponry could be all sort of things that are big and badass :p. As long as they come with a definite movement disability so they are not super strong they could become a really cool asset.

Like crawlers and stalkers that are good at fast movement, teamed up with some slow *** supersoldiers.

Last edited:
What i mean mostly is to have someone during regular enemy rushes rather than an end boss. because if you get on top of a building closet or whatever using exploits nobody can hit you beside sirens. Dunno what that end boss is like but maybe like a weakened version of it :p.

Sure maps should be fixed, but if there are some enemies with as strength killing stationary targets then that could be a nice addition. And semi solution to the exploiting issue. Together that i think it would be fun, in the mod i've never made a normal rush till the end without me or teammates using a form of exploit so if the end boss comes at the complete end, its probably really hard to get there..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What i mean mostly is to have someone during regular enemy rushes rather than an end boss. because if you get on top of a building closet or whatever using exploits nobody can hit you beside sirens. Dunno what that end boss is like but maybe like a weakened version of it :p.

Sure maps should be fixed, but if there are some enemies with as strength killing stationary targets then that could be a nice addition. And semi solution to the exploiting issue. Together that i think it would be fun, in the mod i've never made a normal rush till the end without me or teammates using a form of exploit so if the end boss comes at the complete end, its probably really hard to get there..

Well... let's just hope they'll test the game and remove the jumping exploit with hunting shotgun.

Upvote 0
Well... let's just hope they'll test the game and remove the jumping exploit with hunting shotgun.

I hope they don't. They just should limit the "exploiting usefulness" for it.
Should the rocket jump have been removed from Team Fortress?
Don't bummer me about thats for getting speed etc. I'm sure you can make some places that are safer (e.g. the Specimens have to take a LONG route and you can shoot them for a while.), that you can shortcut to with Hunting Shotgun, but without the shotgun you have to take the long way.

Upvote 0
You know..

If the specimen could simply climb, and fleshpounds could actually attack upwards at things they could reach, there wouldn't be much of a problem with custom maps having some spot people could get to that they didn't intend. :/

It's fun to get up on cars and stuff. It's a shame we usually can't since the specimen can't too.

Upvote 0