• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To the old KF players. Some questions :F

First.
Awesome lolwtf graphics x 140+ specimen + 6 players with flamethrowers, assault rifles, shotguns, smg's and grenades. Great graphics, slow FPS.
**** I forgot the AI calculations which also have to be done.
You forget some people have a "weak" graphics card that could semi-handle KF2.5 .
Those need to be able to play KF2.5 too. Not that its me, I got a 7950GTX, but some people don't.

Second, key points that should carry over from the "original KF"

1: Melee.
Nothing was as cool as taking your commando knife and using power-stab (right mouse button) aka reverse grip to sever a clot's head off in 1 "shot"

2:
When you couldn't handle it with melee, switching to the shotgun and shooting a specimen in the belly. Watching them fly back from the force and die in one shot, plus the blood "flying" in your face gave an awesome adrenalin rush.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
-What do you think are the most important keypoints, why we should like this game?

The map flow, and the lack of obvious hiding spots. Sure there were a couple spots that stood out more than others (*cough* ceiling grate in Biotics), but for the most part there is usually 3 exits or more for every room, and you have to be coordinated with your team to hold up in a spot.

-And why did you end up playing what was your biggest attraction to the scene?

The art direction, and co-op game play. I don't like seeing horror games with clean shiny surfaces, and the lack of shaders available in UE2 pushed Alex to be artistically creative and innovative. Also, when KF came about, co-op was really pushed into a niche corner for multiplayer games, so, to have a solid co-op experience where teamwork was a necessity to survive was a big draw.

-Can you explain some of the best games you've had on this game?
Any game where there's a heroic last stand; that breaking point when a flood of zeds pours out at you once the support runs off to fap in a corner rather than do their job, or when the team ends up in an alley with a full wave coming in from both sides.

Upvote 0
My Question, whats about Fische11 and Jack Carvers Weapon pack for BW and KF ?!!!
Im really glad to see that KF is going to get a game :), as L4D was not good at all.
BTW I always knew it:
Jack-Carver said:
Ivan and me made them especially for Kf and I think its always funny to have something different. Kf isn't just a mod it's a free game imo... and games need mods :yes:
(27.1.2009)
As it is still the good old UE2.5 it won't be much of a problem porting those weps into KF (the game). However I'd like to use Alex's cool new hands for those weapons. If he would give them to us it might be a bit of work fitting those anims to the hands but for now we have much to do in real life.

Upvote 0
Biggest Attraction: Guns. They're were new guns with very nice meshes.

Second Biggest: Team work. Not quite as dependent as Left 4 Dead but makes things a lot easier with more team.

Turn-Offs:

1. Inability to win. I remember wasting full shotgun shells over and over again just trying to kill the flesh pounds. I don't think I remember winning a single time.

2. Same thing over and over. One thing I love about Left 4 Dead is the user interaction with the Infected. It made things a lot different and as a result the Versus mode is seriously popular. But in KF, I could predict what would happen every time.

3. Slow as hell walking. I felt like a my grandmother trying to spring across the map reaching a trader and I always remember being welded out, making it JUST in time, or welding some else out.

4. Too dependent on the Welder. I personally think that the door should be welded once and after that, it can't keep being welded.

5. No cross hairs. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please give us cross hairs. I will not play the game unless I get some friggin' cross hairs.

Upvote 0
4. Too dependent on the Welder. I personally think that the door should be welded once and after that, it can't keep being welded.
Cool. So you can lock teamates into rooms. Smart idea.

5. No cross hairs. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please give us cross hairs. I will not play the game unless I get some friggin' cross hairs.
Won't miss you if you think crosshairs is what makes a good game.

Upvote 0