• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad The 1st Guards Mechanized Brigade

PNV

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 21, 2006
The Peninsula
The Soviet 1st Guards Mechanized Brigade has been ordered to the front and is looking for able bodied tankers and infantry to join its ranks!

1gmb_banner1.gif

WEBSITE | ENLIST

1st Guards Mechanized Brigade

The 1st Guards Mechanized is a realism unit based in North America for Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45, led by a staff of Commissioned Officers appointed by the General Staff of The Workers' and Peasants' Red Army. The 1st Guards Mechanized is a Soviet-themed Unit that prefers to play as Soviet combat troops. Many members are heavily interested in Second World War history (mainly the Ostfront), cultures, and general community friendship. The ReVolution (our original Unit for Call of Duty) was founded March 18th, 2004 and has been fighting on the Ostfront ever since, transforming into the 193rd Rifle Division in the early months 2006. The 193rd was reformed into the 1st Guards Mechanized Brigade in early 2009 to allow for more flexibility and effectiveness. This reformation allows for the use of tankers and those interested in combined arms, not just infantry.

Requirements:
  • You must own Red Orchestra: Ostfront 41-45

• You must be 16 years or older. Exceptions can be made for mature and skilled players.

• You are required to join the forum in order to keep up to date on events.

• You must not be a member of another Unit for the same game.

• You are required to have a microphone and Teamspeak / Gamecomm

• You are required to have a broadband or better connection. Dialup connections are not accepted.

• Abide by realism standards when in scheduled battles and during drills. This means you are not to bunny-hop, spray small arms fire wildly, disobey orders, dive at enemies with the bayonet, kamikaze, team-kill purposely or do anything that a normal soldier wouldn't. Essentially, you are to act as if real lives are at stake.
Our preferred way of communication would be through Xfire. We like to talk to our members before they join so we can become friends on and off the battlefield. We are a community of skilled gamers and we want all of our members to treat each other with respect.

Why us?

From the people, to our eternal cause and fighting spirit, we, the 1st Guards Mechanized have always prided ourselves on the essential aspect of community. We look to devote time in your interests.

In the 1st Guards Mechanized you will not be a meager name on a seemingly endless roster, but an undoubtedly integral part of our small, combat effective unit with your own biography, awards and personality.

From the broad plains and low hills west of the Urals, the evergreen taiga of Siberia, and to the rugged mountains of Georgia and Azerbaijan, the members of our unit hail from a vast plethora of ethnicities that share the common goal of defeating the invaders.

You too will be able to choose from an overabundance of surnames, because we are not just Russians, we are Soviets.

Most importantly, we are all a family. It does not matter if you have been present in our unit for a year or a day, we all enjoy each other's company whether it be behind our lines or in the heat of battle.

While there is a proper rank system in place, officer or not, we are all still men of the Soviet Red Army, not slaves to specific masters.

Contact Information

* Лейтенант Matvei Staroi (Komandir) - Xfire: stationsig
* Старшина Pavel Volodnikov - (Deputy Komandir) - Xfire: volodnikov9

Game Server

b_560x95.png

Last edited:
The 2.SS “Das Reich” has had a long and good working relation with the men of the 1st Guards Mechanised Brigade and we hold them in high esteem. This is a good solid unit with a love of realism and history. If you are looking for Soviet realism unit there is none better!

Regards
SS-Oberscharf

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have enjoyed my time thus far with this unit.

They're very skilled gamers and knowledgeable people, but aren't annoying like most gamers and WW2 enthusiasts. Everybody gets along really well and though it's a smaller unit everyone is very active and usually down to play. They're honestly just a great bunch of guys to hang out with and kill nazis. They're very respectful and they play fair even when the other units are whining over petty issues. I've never felt like I wasn't listened to when I had an idea, or like I was being treated as a subordinate. No one's trying to power trip here and arguments are very rare. All in all this unit is very organized and if a match turns into a cluster**** you'll still see these guys staying together and acting as a team.

As far as skill level goes, they're definitely the elite. Training with them, I've ascended the newbie the ladder from being lucky to get 3 kills in a map to capping people left and right. They know what they're doing and most of the time they're faster and more accurate than the competition. Even when the odds are heavily against them, they still end up taking out a steeply disproportionate amount of enemies. You won't find a better unit on RO as far as skill level, unity or general enjoyment is concerned.

Staroi and Volodnikov are an unusual pair of leaders, but they provide a good balance. Staroi's good humored and easy going, a hell of a player and great at coordinating people but he doesn't take himself seriously, and Volodnikov is straight forward with both hands on the wheel, making sure nothing gets out of hand and keeping people respectful.

I played with these guys when we were still called Revo and playing Call of Duty 2, they're an old clan and I doubt they'll ever be in danger of disbanding. You can expect to make friends you'll be gaming with for the rest of your life, even when you get sick of RO and play something else.

Upvote 0
My sincere thanks to everyone who has commented!

We've had lots of great times for the past 4-5 years, with the community growing and changing in demographics and interests. Even our original clan's {ReVo} founder, the humble Volodya, still fights on the eastern front on the side of the Soviet motherland.

Grave was one of our best infantry in Call of Duty and returned to join us on the Ostfront. It was especially great to see him getting along famously with the members that form our base since the move to RO.

I've been very happy with our latest recruits, going beyond RO and joining us in interesting discussions and other PC games.

And now we have a new east coast USA server to accomodate both our North American and European members.

Let's keep marching towards victory!

Upvote 0