• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Version Mismatch?

DivineRight

Mar 26, 2009
Earth
Um.. I bought RO thru Steam and recently downloaded the game and the game works. The only problem is when I try to play on multiplayer the servers will not accept my version of the game? I need help!

my.php

my.php

Make sure
a) that you have the most recent patches. Steam makes this easy and a no-brainer if you just leave it to 'Always Keep this game up to date' (the Default I believe)
b) it's possible you're connecting to an out-of-date server. But since you said ServerS, plural, then I'm guessing every server you tried does this.

Easy fix; verify your game cache in Steam.. it should find any files that might have run off and fix them for you.

Upvote 0
I verified the game cache in properties, but the servers still will not accept my version. The same message popped up, this is beyond me on what to do. Any other ideas? I'm up for anything!

Just to make sure it's good, try connecting to the official TWI RO servers.. they will always be running the most recent and correct versions with no or minimal amount of mutators/addons. If it works on those, then you know it's the servers you are trying to connect to.
If it doesn't work on those, then your client is borked somehow.

Since verifing the cache didn't work;
- Delete the local content and re-download.. assuming that's an option for you (since some people still play RO on dial-up or otherwise limited connections).

Upvote 0
You will get this from time to time.Go to your:C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra\Textures folder and find and delete that same file then restart steam and join the server you want.It will download the current version running on that server.
I did that exactly how you instructed and still I have the same problem...

IDK what is going on but this is driving me insane!

Upvote 0
In my retail and TOP SECRET RO I have 3 examples of InterfaceArt tex files (texture folder), don't ask me why!

It so happened that I once had an IterfaceArt tex file from one of the Mods slip into the RO system folder, which had me jumping up and down for a while.
There is also a couple or three of "interface" files in the System folder.

Close Steam...
Delete the RO System & Texture folders.
Start Steam, right click on the RO icon in the My Games list/properties/local files/verify integrity of game cache.

Might help, might not.

Upvote 0