• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sniperdragon

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Netherlands
I am/was a regular kniver in KF. I stayed with knife for as long as possible (only perk I ever use(d) was berserker, or on rare occasions commando when my team needed a stalker-spotter)

It would be really cool if you would make the standard grip for the knife the Ice pick/reverse grip. Aka move powerjab to left mouse button, and quickjab becomes the alternative fire.

Like this:
dvd-courseknife-med.jpg

That doesn't quite fit KF's "realism" approach, I guess..

On topic:
Is this possible? Since i found powerstab way more usefull then quickstab, and having it reverse gripped standard would both look cooler, more realistic(you are part of the elite drf) and more logical (powerstab as primary move = more fluent when it moves from reverse grip to the stab.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I dont find the quick one useful.

But why not just balance them out better instead of have something be useless? Give the quick one more reach and area around you to hit multiple targets, and the stab for single target kills.

Could be the same for all melee weapons. LMB for single target high damage hit, alt fire for hitting in a 150 degree arc infront of you..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I re-read it this suggestion by innociv is actually pretty sweet.
RMB for crowd control, LMB for the kill. They should implent it for every weapon though.

Axe:
LMB = Downward, Powerful slash.
RMB = Sidewards sweeps.

Pipe:
LMB = Grabs the pipe with both hands and slashes in a 45 degree angle from above.
RMB = You hold the pipe out far in front of you with one hand and smash.

Knife:
LMB = Downward stab as it is now. Only it doesn't flip because you already hold it in the reverse grip.
RMB = Same as quickstab on the LMB in the mod, only you do the flip over trick all the time. It looks really cool.

Upvote 0