• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is FileFront beeing tucked in with a shovel?

Grobut

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 1, 2006
Denmark
Read'em and weep gentlepersons, and you! yes you.. : http://farewell.filefront.com/

This clouse to April 1'st, i really hope it's just preperation for some big April fools joke bonanza, but usually thease are carried out on the actual 1'st of April, not several days in advance with a deadline of March 30'th, so i guess we can't count on that.

Please just be a horrible and tasteless joke, i really don't want to start dealing with FilePlanet again.. *shudders* :(

ModDB was a partner of filefront too. :(
The ModDB download mirrors are members only and their free mirrors were mostly on FileFront.

Why can't the US Airforce bail them out instead of making mediocre games available for free play (Area 51? Not bad, but come on)? The US Airforce is sponsoring ModDB, too. I read a while ago that FileFront is a profitable site so I guess it's put down not because it costs but because putting it down gets them a bit of a money boost. If this is true, the Airforce could buy FileFront, as they have the money available, and just wait until that profit gets them their money back.

I heard the army shouldn't just fight wars but also help out in a crisis. Now, here's there chance, lol.:p

Upvote 0
Downloading files is not the problem.
What alternative is there for storing/uploading?

Indeed, where does the smalltime modder like me go to upload my work now? i don't make the huge ambitious projects that belong on ModDB, FileFront was an ideal place to store and share my little projects.

And what will happen to all the modding communities that had a home on FileFront? like the STALKER community, where will they go now?

We are losing more than a download mirror here, we are also losing what was a hub and home for many modding communities, and a lot of usefull modding information that was stored on their forums, which where practically a Wiki for modders to go look up technical information and get help for their projects :(

Upvote 0