• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Interactive announces Killing Floor, a survival-horror co-op shooter for PC!

I'm really looking forward to this, will be nice to play something different, and something really scary and moody...

Also if what the KF fans say is to be trusted :D - it will be awesome!

I'm a big fan of the original KF. It certainly wasn't without it's bugs and issues, but it was still more fun than Left 4 Dead turned out to be.

I bought UT2004 just for the KFMod. Very rarely play UT2004, but KF gets played a LOT.

Not only that, when I couldn't find my UT2004 disc, I bought it AGAIN on Steam just to play KF... That's how much it rocks.

If Tripwire do a good job on this (and I'm sure they will), it will no doubt eat up as many, if not more hours of my life than the original.

Upvote 0
I'm a big fan of the original KF. It certainly wasn't without it's bugs and issues, but it was still more fun than Left 4 Dead turned out to be.

I bought UT2004 just for the KFMod. Very rarely play UT2004, but KF gets played a LOT.

Not only that, when I couldn't find my UT2004 disc, I bought it AGAIN on Steam just to play KF... That's how much it rocks.

If Tripwire do a good job on this (and I'm sure they will), it will no doubt eat up as many, if not more hours of my life than the original.

If they get the Atmosphere HALF as good as the actual Mod, you ARE going to love this, I can definately promise you that, must admit am really looking forward to "ZEDtime" :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Hmm. I only tried the mod version quite a few versions back and decided it was not for me. When new versions were released I tried it again once but it didn't run too well on my old machine (gawd, that's how long ago this was...) with all the zombie masses cluttering up the maps. The art was top-notch in every version I tried though.
Haven't tried a recent version, so maybe it got significantly better in terms of gameplay and performance.

Are there plans for a demo or a free weekend?

Either way, it's cool that you guys share your Unreal liscense with the Killing Floor team (I guess this is what this is all about) and I will most likely get this, even if it's just to support Game 2/3.

Another "either way": I'm very happy to see another game come out on the old Unreal Engine!

Upvote 0
They are making another game, which is supposedly "Will please RO players".

I for one, will pass this one probably unless the price is somewhere between 5-10€. I wish TWI good luck building a community for this one, because RO community won't be much help I'm afraid.

Most of the KF community will buy it so I'm certain the KF community will be as good, if not better as the RO community.

About this ZEDTime. Will we be able to disable it? Because I tend to "headshot" most of the time with melee-weapons, and thus it would be pretty annoying in multiplayer servers. Imagine having slowmo every 5 seconds:eek:. or even 15 seconds for that matter.

Upvote 0
Ok, maybe I'm a bit of pessimistic about this. If that realistic feeling in movement and weapons from RO is there, bundled with a "recession friendly" price tag, this may worth a shot. I know you guys are doing wonders with the UT 2.5 engine.
I don't expect a lot of realism in a zombie game, but I do expect the weapons to /feel/ real like RO's.

CoD4 isn't realistic, but the weapons do feel real with how nicely the ironsights are done and the way they recoil when they fire, the sounds, and so on. I'd imagine they do a good job on that. The mods weapons already have a better feeling than many games do, though the sights are messed up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hopefully the zombies dont take to many hits to die, because that is a gamekiller for me.
I was in France for 2 weeks when i got a text message from a friend about what the next Tripwire game would be and i almost ****ed up my exam the next day :p Thank god though that this is a 'secondary project' done by others with help of TWI and there is still going to be an RO-like game :)

Upvote 0
Hopefully the zombies dont take to many hits to die, because that is a gamekiller for me.
I was in France for 2 weeks when i got a text message from a friend about what the next Tripwire game would be and i almost ****ed up my exam the next day :p Thank god though that this is a 'secondary project' done by others with help of TWI and there is still going to be an RO-like game :)
They are very strong zombies. They survive even after you shoot off their heads. :p
But most of them aren't very fast.

Upvote 0
Well, I've been a very long time player of KF. I never joined the forums because of all the old veterans hanging around griping about any single thing modifying the gameplay in the least, or just being flat out rude all the time. Maybe this will bring in some fresh players I can hook up with for some killer matches.

Upvote 0
Who invented this ZEDTime anyways...
Come on,who's the culprit, put your hand up!

I can't find any information apart from TWI/KF news and the likes.

Thanks.

I invented this ZEDTime :) We just had a crazy idea to try something like this and when we put it in it was really cool. Its not Max Payne style where you just press some button and go slow motion. The game analyzes what is going on and decides when a cool "Dramatic Event" has happened and randomly gives a short slow motion. The game spreads them out so you don't get them every 5 seconds or something like that. Its more like just a cool reward for killing Zeds in some dramatic way. Slomo has been done before, but not quite like this, and very rarely in multiplayer. Really its not something to over analyze. We tried it, and it was just fun, so we kept it in the game. There is just something awesome about watching zombies fly apart in slomo ;)

Upvote 0