• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Welcome to the Killing Floor Forums!

sounds good, I'll be getting it, I hope zombies are portrayed in a realistic way just like real zombies unlike those of L4D

These aren't really zombies. They are genetically enhanced cloned failed experiments. So all bets are off on the "realistic" implementation of the zombies. That said, they definitely play way different than the L4D zombies.

Upvote 0
These aren't really zombies. They are genetically enhanced cloned failed experiments. So all bets are off on the "realistic" implementation of the zombies. That said, they definitely play way different than the L4D zombies.

wow, just like the real zombies that are being made in the secret labs, I'm glad you went for the realism approach =)

Upvote 0
I like L4D, its fast and its fun.
What has stopped me playing (I really have stopped), is the general on-line player attitude.

I'm pretty sure that KF will be a good game but what I'm really hoping is that the "mature player attitude" that exists in previous :) TW games continues.

6 player co-op! Sounds good...

Upvote 0
Left 4 Dead was a huge disapointment for me, I hope this will be what I hoped L4D to be.
Same.
L4D felt like a $20 game. :/ I felt ripped off. I bought into the hype. :(

Only thing I liked about L4D was the random stuff and the zombie animations. I'm just KF is better in every other way. I hope KF has some nice animations with some zombies zig-zagging instead of running in straight lines. If it does then it's worth $30, $40, or whatever they're charging.

Upvote 0
L4D was missing the horror in survival horror. I think many people, including me, were disappointed because L4D lacked the features that most people expected from a co-op zombie agme. L4D had infinite ammo, third person view, limited guns, and melee spam. Sure you could shoot limbs off but the gore seemed lacking. I would have preferred to see Zoeys head punched off by tanks and Bill's intestines ripped out by a hunter.

I think L4D was too streamlined and casual to be horror. It felt like they removed all of the "hardcore" features in order to appeal to a wider audience. Essentialy, they made it too simple and took out a lot of the depth that you would expect from a zombie game.

Upvote 0