• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

God damn Courland! They just declared war on me and have a pretty powerful army for a nation state. The province bordering them was lightly garrisoned as they are a protectorate of my ally Poland-Lithuania, so I'm now having to rush forces to the region.

Poland-Lith didn't join their protectorate on the initial declaration, does this mean I'm safe to attack without going to war with them? I can't afford another front.
Had the same thing (Playing Sweden). Now I captured Courland and Poland is desperately trying to trade me for it with tech.

Upvote 0
new patch broke the game for me, I can't start a new campaign, anytime i go to the menu it crashes to desktop, luckily I had one save game from the beginning with Spain from when I was just testing the game before even trying to learn with road to independence, I'm currently playing with that one.

btw, It would be awesome to be able to play as pirates, Imagine the whole world conquered with skull flags, =)

Upvote 0
Playing through Road to Independence at the moment and yup like the rest of you said it pretty good, though my George Washington died in his first battle , think it must have been a rouge cannonball as i left his unit out of combat and i didnt even notice the alert till near the end of the fight.

The only annoying thing ive found is when defending it can be difficult to get your troops positioned on the wall how you want them to be :mad: oh and the attacking AI can be a bit dodgy, had a 2 row of lines man positioned infront of my gate where the main bulk of their force was attacking and even though by the mid point of the battle there where loads of enemies all within range of them they never got directly attacked only loosing a few units to random french indians running through them, so they just stood there the whole time firing at the french getting about 200 kills before they ran out of ammo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is a link to various mods: improved and lingering smoke, a bloodmod (!) which i think applies to cannonball hits, and improved music for marching units.
That means no more rythmless drumrattling but marching your soldiers away on The British Grenadiers!:eek:

Now if only my bloody computer would be fixed...
Where does one get those mods?

Upvote 0
Is it just me or does Mysore have the ability to raise a ****ton of troops really fast? I tried from 1700-1733 to conquer the damned thing as Britain but they always managed to kick me out until 1733. I'd land 800 guys, kill one stack, kill a second stack, kill a third stack, and then get annihilated by a fourth. I finally brought in 1500 troops with all kinds of new stuff and a lot of cavalry and finally took the damned place. Their death toll in total for 1733 was nearly 13500.

Upvote 0