• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New 5 Dollar players

Klaus on Barashka, in a Tiger tank killing dudes in the greatest angling ever. 3 tanks trying to take Klaus out, but alas all their shells bounce and Klaus kills all.

Some guy suddendly appears out of nowhere, gets in my tank and drives it into the artillery. Klaus dies with some guy.

"What did you do that for??"

"F U NOOB", was the reply I got

Atleast he spoke english

Klaus, I feel you.

Sort of same thing happened to me too with the new players. Many times.

When I and some other guy were giving tank support to infantry in Fallen Heroes, always some guy jumps to driver seat and drives the tanks in the middle of the enemy infantry. Shambeh bambeh.

A new tank, and same thing happens. And when I give advice or directions to the driver, he ignores all the commands and directions. And ofcourse calls me gay and noob. And then he drives in the middle on the enemy infantry. Again. Shambeh bambeh.

Sort of frustrating in big portions.

Upvote 0
Klaus on Barashka, in a Tiger tank killing dudes in the greatest angling ever. 3 tanks trying to take Klaus out, but alas all their shells bounce and Klaus kills all.

Some guy suddendly appears out of nowhere, gets in my tank and drives it into the artillery. Klaus dies with some guy.

"What did you do that for??"

"F U NOOB", was the reply I got

Atleast he spoke english

Haha. :D
That's even worse than my own Tiger experience.
At least my TKer apologized... :p

Upvote 0
Yes, it was mostly good people on yesterday that were new, but more than enough people doing things like this:

- TKing for a certain weapon
- TKing for a tank
- TKing just to get in the chat box and say something obnoxious
- Taking the squad leader spot and never get close to the capzones
- Start typing in the chat box abusing the veteran players
- "Wut no SnIpEr rIfLe in this game" "I have to use this bolt action I want a machine gun" " I am going back to COD: WaW this is to complicated"

I could go on forever:D
I did get some insane scores yesterday though being a hero and getting a lot of grenade kills and blasting through a few achievements.

Oh and yesterday I was playing some Arad 24/7 server and was banned for using the sniper rifle at times to shoot tank commanders off their hatch....it was ok though the others were allowed to flip the half tracks and drive the clown car and german motorcycle over their own teammates though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ah flashbacks from the all time classic "how do i throw grenades??" and "this game sucks, there is no crosshair!"

oh and here's another short story, i was on konigsplatz the other day as a a russian. The germans were destroying us.. we could barely get out of spawn, why? there was no tank support.. I looked for the tankers and I saw all tankers positions were occupied! I looked around and I saw them running around besides me.
"You are tankers! stay in your tanks!" I called!
"F U NOOB!" was the reply I got

Atleast they spoke english

Upvote 0
ah flashbacks from the all time classic "how do i throw grenades??" and "this game sucks, there is no crosshair!"

oh and here's another short story, i was on konigsplatz the other day as a a russian. The germans were destroying us.. we could barely get out of spawn, why? there was no tank support.. I looked for the tankers and I saw all tankers positions were occupied! I looked around and I saw them running around besides me.

I was there at the same time. Was it the idiots arguing over the Tiger Tank? They were cussing and trying to vote kick each other out. When the Tiger did manage to get out a few times the guy was not even using it except to drive around.

Upvote 0
More than likely, any player throwing around the NOOB term in game is a Noob themselves.

Had a good time on TWI's server yesterday and really didn't see problem players althought I think I frustrated one newer German player who emptied almost two MP40 clips into me as I dropped to the floor and took him out with one rifleshot. He was upset that I didn't go down until I mentioned to him that I was wounded EVERYWHERE except a foot, ankle and an arm. Then I got a laugh out of him :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all and thx for the welcome:)

I'm one of those new players to this game and i must say finally i found the perfect game for me. Realistic, teambased, mature community, skillbased.
Only playing for couple of days but i'm already a recruit in what i believe to be a rly nice clan (=IcM=). I'm struggling around atm ingame trying to figure out the maps and the gameflow. So if u see me around doing stupid, feel free to adjust me in a polite way;).

Cu on the battelfield!

Upvote 0
I'm an old-recurring player. played this back when it was a UT3K mod (which I purchased specifically for) and loved every moment. bought it when it became steam and played for awhile but had to abandon due to my on-going army service, at the time.

a friend told me about the 5 bucks deal and I loaded up my game again around two years and landed at the battlefield. the game remained sweet.
regarding the new players - i have two gripes.

first - sometimes it seems like people just play for themselves. not always, there are those who use teamchat and even voice chat. I do too, from time to time. but there also those who regard this as a CS game, just looking for the kills. yeah, killing foes for fun, but capturing and holding control points is much-much more fun.

second - i guess it's an individual thing, but at a certain point a "chat" arised and people mentioned their nationality. i stated that i'm Israeli (while i was playing on the axis side) and a certain person called me a "self-hating jew". not that it mattered to me too much, i even made laughs at the matter, but at a latter point, the player encountered me ingame again, player for the germans, and said that i'm a true self-hating jew. yet, it doesnt bother me, but it's just sad that people like this play RO.

Upvote 0
With the influx of new people I have seen plenty of bashing as well mafio and much more name calling. These are probably stupid teenagers that have nothing else better to do.

What really bothers me is the people using the Squad Leader position and not getting the capzones, using smoke for cover, or understanding that we can put artillery to use. If they are new stick to rifleman for a while and learn what goes on instead of a specialized role. Also stay out of the tanks if want to waste ammunition and drive around in circles.

Upvote 0
Also stay out of the tanks if want to waste ammunition and drive around in circles.

Reminds me about some tankers who initially thinks there is BF1942 trajectory with gun shells and aims very high, and are like "wtf why I can't hit?" and then those who just lobs tons of grenades to any tank without any sense and then like "why the tank doesnt take any damage?"

I can somewhat understand that tank thing in very few cases, but shell trajectory? :p

Upvote 0

Sad story, but it made me laugh the way you told it :D

Upvote 0
Everybody must crawl until we learn how to walk.

I often find players facing/heading the wrong direction. I try to get their attention, and use the voice cmd "Follow Me" If they respond, i'll try to lead them into a good posistion and say "Take Cover" etc or use voice chat.

In Tanks I switch to Local Chat and explain the basics etc.

Most of the new players I've meet are very friendly towards me after that, and they enjoy RO more.

Doing good feels good :) So allways be nice to new players.

Upvote 0
When I start playing a new game, I actively try and ask questions if things aren't clear. I'll single out the high scoring players and humbly ask for their help. If they turn on me and call me "N00b!" well, whatever, that's what I am and that's why I am asking the questions. I'll find someone else to help.

But these people? I can't quite fathom why someone would jump into a relatively complicated game, get their *** handed to them, and then curse and insult people who are trying to help them. Absolutely ludicrous.

They also don't get the concept of specific roles. A sniper is supposed to kill high value targets, not necessarily rack up points. If you're taking down enemy rifleman after enemy rifleman to pad your score, but enemy MGs are mowing your people down and preventing them from reaching the cap zones, you are failing your team.

The few I've encountered were from COD:WaW. They were trying to "get" the game. I just told them it's like the "War" game mode - all day, all the time. And, like the real army, they can't necessarily chose what weapon they use. You take what you can get. It forces you to become proficient with those weapons.

Upvote 0