• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New 5 Dollar players

Somehow that experience reminds me about one guy I know somewhat and bought it this weekend.

He said the game has possibly the best realism of all shooters he knows, but he couldn't stand "retarded overpassive proners under stairs and corners and people who are either 'stfu noob'\'learn to play' when you simply ask do these destroyable things require engineer or just some heavy duty explosives" (what he said).

Upvote 0
I welcome our new members, but for the love of god if you are in an important position like a tanker, your team loses and everyone screams "WHERE IS OUR TANKER WHERE IS OUR TANKER".. plz dismiss yourself from that position and allow someone else with more experience to do it..
Also, whats up with all the new guys just walking around staring at the walls?

Upvote 0
Oh, Shadrach... That reminds me, of another bad experience with a new guy yesterday: saw Schadrach log into a Zithomir server I was on yesterday, so I stopped somewhere I thought safe (really closer to our spawn than from the soviet's ) to type hello. Of course, RO's law of murphy #45, that's when a soviet assault decided to counterattack.
So I change my message upon typing to "hey, I was trying to say hellow to schadrach, that was rude ppshing me down ^^ ", but by the time I had typed that (that means less than 5 secodns), a guy had Twounded me in spawn to get my MP40 :/

But yeah, other than Mr "I can't recognize a Tiger (who wasn't a griefer, just someone who apparently never heard of WWII before) and mr "I don't want to use a crappy bolt action I'll take a smg from someone's cold dead hands, preferably making said hand cold myself", I found most self-awowed new people tackling the game with a pleasant to see enthousiasm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yea here is a few examples of some new players this weekend:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Upvote 0
yeah DietOrange we had our share of that too. But we also had quite a few people who asked alot of questions about the game. commands and stuff...and who then set about playing.

when it all shakes out...the people who act like total jerks will go back to their holes...and the people who found out that RO is a really great game will stay. And we'll be better off for that....then.

Upvote 0
Klaus on Barashka, in a Tiger tank killing dudes in the greatest angling ever. 3 tanks trying to take Klaus out, but alas all their shells bounce and Klaus kills all.

Some guy suddendly appears out of nowhere, gets in my tank and drives it into the artillery. Klaus dies with some guy.

"What did you do that for??"

"F U NOOB", was the reply I got

Atleast he spoke english

Upvote 0