• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few questions

Mastix

Mar 13, 2009
Hello, i'm pretty new to this game, bought it on the 5$ discount a few days ago, and this game is amazing in it's quality!
I got a couple of questions though, here they come:
1) I noticed there is a ballistic system with bullet travel time and dropping on distance, do ping impact the travel time? or the lag compenstation is strong enough? and if it does impact is it drastic?
2) I got a great rig but my performance isn't so good in some maps with alot of action going... are there any effects that if they are turned off or reduced in quality make the performance drasticly better? (I mean higher frame rate).

Thanks for any helpers and see you ingame :)

1) Ping does effect your travel time, but anything under 150 should be quite accurate and shouldn't affect normal gameplay. Heck, some Americans even play on European servers and be competitive. Nothing beats a clear 20-80 ping though :)
2) I haven't had many problems with RO performance for many years on full details. But in case I suggest you turn off HDR Bloom, as this relieves your computer some work and makes it easy to see distant people. Also if you're playing big maps on 50-60 player servers, then I think FPS drop is quite normal.

Upvote 0