• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

Is this a new C: or a new install on your formated C: ?
Downloaded ArmA or in a box?
Vista or XP?
Other games install without problems?

Whatever, go get CrapCleaner,(read the readme) run the Registry Tool and see if you have any ArmA lines that need to be fixed/removed.

Might help, might not.

Thanks, I wasn't expecting help - just sharing my despair as i was really looking forward to starting a good arma session.

OK had hardware problems which cuminated in to total failure of my C: drive... (i use small C:'s containing OS ( WIN XP home), drivers and a few vital small progs antiv etc. and install games/large programs to larger drives)

so it's a new c: that had a bare set of drivers on it, since updated, except the mobo's sata i think..

However replacing with this drive meant i couldn't run Arma due to now-missing doc&sets Arma files i guess, nor could i uninstall the game, so i did this manually (yes poor i know, but had little choice and with the origional C: now missing i figured less a problem)

I have reinstalled some other games sucessfully but thinking about it they were all older games many of which i could unistall with launchers and/or didn't use the c: docs & setts for vital info like the cd key info , savesgames etc.

I imagine this sketchy process has the potential to cause problems- and crap cleaner is probably a good idea- i used it once for something else and it worked well.
Thanks for advice - i greatly appreciate any help. Just got back from night shift and off to bed -later today i'll get into it all fresh and envigorated...

Upvote 0
If your using a creative sound card (or any other dedicated sound card i guess) , have you tried completely uninstalling it and running on onboard audio, though from your description of your problem its probably, as you said, somthing to do with the missing doc &settings folders so crap cleaner etc are worth a go.

One other thing I can suggest, though youve probably done it, is running the setup.exe directly from your dvd rather than using the autorun/launcher, it may give you the option to repair/uninstall or even install to a different folder.

Upvote 0
you can actually compare that 5months video
with new this month CDF and Russians video where tanks firing and moving too

also in NAPA video check 1:00 to 1:10 background :) ... see the train ?

join us on ArmA 2's SteamGroup http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ArmA_2

chat with us inside Your browser (w/o java) : http://tinyurl.com/cvv3aj

on irc://irc.gamesurge.net/ArmA2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
should there phaps be an arma II thread? - i doesn't feel right posting here about arma with the follow up typically being discussed more.

ANyway haveing suffered problems getting it running i've essentially bought a new PC, which was essentially just to play this game i guess...

I do love it but have a couple of q's -

been playing a couple of the Evolution blue coop missions and have discovered that more often than not i dont respawn with the loadout i have selected at the Airbase weapon crates in the hanger - i just recieve the initial loadout i got when i joined every time.
Occasionally and seemingly at random the selection sticks - but i dunno how im doing it or what triggers the game finally figuring out thats the loadout i want.
Very annoying to compound the issue of reselcting each time i obviously can't respawn at the MHQ/ambulance with the correct kit either grrrrr.- is this a known issue or am i doing somthing wrong?

Secondly ive noticed in game that destroyed vehicles can initially appear intact and then take on the destroyed texture when you adjust your view/move closer. My settings are high and im running an 8800 with latest drivers- but i doubt that would be the reason for using the wrong - as opposed to simpler textures.
I mean plenty of times when you change enviroments the game displays extreamly basic textures on low lod models a second before everything catches up and goes detailed - and i dont mean detail increasing as you get closer - this updates while your static.
BIt surprised at that - is this just the way arma is ( never noticed it on lower settings of my old PC)
Anyway asides from this love the game, best thing since, well OFP i guess which is saying something.
If anyone has advice and takes time to answer it would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
One the first issue with Evo loadouts: that's probably a setting on the exact flavor of Evo that you're playing. I've run into a couple of Warfare servers where you had to buy gear after every death, but most servers I've played on remember your previous loadout--Domination seems to remember what you had on you when you died.

On the model detail loading: that's always been there, so I think it's working as designed. I think ArmA only loads the minimum detail/texture level that it can, so the default for everything is extreme low detail, undamaged models. When you notice that happening, just try to zoom in on any vehicles you know are damaged during a lull in the fighting to get the high quality damaged models loaded into memory so you can minimize the interruption later.

Last edited:
Upvote 0