• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fallen Heroes

I've been waiting for a second Stalingrad map for forever. And just when I decide to return, there is one! There's almost no cover at all and tanking effectively as Axis can be hard, but it's great fun...a lot better than Danzig (thank god the community finally got over the de_dust/dustbowl of RO)

Upvote 0
I like the map and the fight for the square myself. It offers some freedom in capping order, while having pretty nice longrangish shots with a good amount of cover. Although it feels to me as some part is missing about the map, like some fighting towards the square or more possibilities for some indoor fighting.

The end capzones often don't seem to be an epic fight but rather most people completely missing the capzone and 1 or 2 lone guys around the cap taking it all.

I'm somewhat missing the feeling of say being halfway or progressing, or difference in tension or mood. Making that while enjoying it, after 1 long round i feel like walking up straight again for a bit.

Upvote 0
Not well balanced. There's several spots Axis tanks can park up and be totally invulnerable to PTRD fire while able to shut down Russian infantry and tank movement. I've yet to see Russians come close to winning this one.

Probably OK as an Axis rifleman if you have a 24" monitor and can actually see anything at these distances.

German tank can flank around the left and park so it fires directly into Russian infantry spawn.

Upvote 0
I played this 4 times in a row...i agree its a bit difficult for the ruskies...but we did win at least one round, to the german 3...getting a few guys in on the center and laying low, while taking out the infantry...you can hold it for a while...as long as your being covered. It was a fun map...it brought me back to RO to check it out again...its been a while.:)

Upvote 0