• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Men of War Demo Released

The voice acting sounds like Ukranians trying to do Americans doing Russian accents.

And the writing is as bad as ever too. Oof...I'm sorry, but combining those two things together really turns me off to the experience just like in FoW (I just wish FoW had a better multiplayer community...it's like...all people who pirated the game and still run the 1.01 version and Russians who don't speak English).

Upvote 0
LMAO this is the most ridiculous voice acting in a game I've ever heard, I really have to laugh everytime there's a conversation :D Russians sound like american texas rangers

I'm at the 2nd russian mission in normal difficulty and so incredibly angry. I'm at 95%(have a 90% savegame too) and EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME the mission is aborted at about 97% because too many workers were killed. OH WHAT REALLY WHAT A SURPRISE IF I ONLY HAVE ONE TANK WHICH YOU CAN'T LEAVE ALONE(because If I go out of direct control all the tank does is sit there and get blown up within 10 seconds) whereas on the other side of the map of course the 10 soldiers and 2 paks are too stupid to do anything. GREAT now I can do the whole damn mission again from the beginning. Today is not a good gaming afternoon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like this game more and more. I'm now at that mission where you have to lead a bad company(?) into a battle which is more like a slaughterhouse because you have to march through a minefield more or less.(Russian campaign) I think they managed to pull of a good mix between SHoWW2 and FoW. You can still theoretically win much by concentrating on one or two single units with direct control, on the other hand you have more units sometimes which you can move into various positions and spontaneously use one soldier to blow up a tank for example.

Upvote 0
I installed and uninstalled 10 minutes later. Terrible story, terrible voice acting, CoH wannabe gameplay. I'd rather play CoH along with Theatre of War than a terrible mix of both.

This sums it up. Its neither one nor the other and much worse than either. The whole game is far too over ballanced, its really obvious how each unit is supposed to be the direct equivilent of another, and all those prototype models included annoy me to, especialy when they have missed out quite a few important variants that had far more impact on the war than the protoype super tanks.

Upvote 0
Tank balance is so ****ing ridicolous in the game. I finished the russian campaign and now played the 2nd german mission(in tobruk). On range my Panzer IVs(both long and short barell) hardly do any harm to the british tanks which are just some crap, but somehow can still take out any of my Panzer IVs with one single hit. In fact there was a situation where I used 9 Panzer IVs(I counted) to kill one Matilda or sth. which for what ever reason just wouldnt get any damage. Result: The Matilda or whatever it was destroyed all my 9 Panzer IVs without taking ANY damage, in the end I used infantry with geballte Ladungen, and even then it took two Ladungen.

Upvote 0