• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

5.1 audio

Hi
I got these Razer Barracuda headphones and i was wondering if Red Orchestra supports 5.1 audio. How can i enable 5.1?
Actually Red Orchestra supports more than just 5.1 surround sound.

You can try going to Configuration in the main menu.
From there, open the tab "Audio".
You'll find a droplist called "Audio mode", select H/W 3D + EAX.
If that doesn't work, select H/W 3D.

And if both don't work and your headset is a native USB device, it doesn't support OpenAL or EAX.
In that case you were better off with a regular non-USB 3,5 mm headset or EAX-compatible USB headset and an OpenAL/EAX-enabled soundcard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These got 4 3,5mm, one for each channel + mic, and USB for power, so they should work like normal 5.1 speaker system as far as i know. I'll try it without EAX if it would work then.
So you have the 3,5mm 3-conductor jack?

That means the question do you have EAX/OpenAL compatible audio hardware remains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anytime I ever had problems with my sound, it was actually with my sound card settings. Usually after a driver update, they defaulted to just 2 speakers. As far as I know, you can set any game settings to use 5.1, but if your sound card defaults to a lesser speaker setup, then you are stuck with that until you go into your speaker/soundcard settings and change it. Playing with the game settings won't help at all until you do. :)

Upvote 0
Maybe you can find some info by googling "unreal tournament 5.1 speakers vista", since that's the engine. Quick check see others with non-xfi having the same problem. One guy fixed it by enabling stereo instead of surround in bioshock... but not sure how you could apply that here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0