• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

#1 Reason this game is dying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As PUTZ said you can download all the necessary content and always have it on hand and when joining servers you will not have to download anything. The TWB servers now have newer content since they have Parizer and Pavlovs house on their Old Glory server so you'll have to get the content that is needed for those maps, by visiting the site mentioned by PUTZ it willl tell you what content is needed for particular maps etc. just install locally.

Another key is finding a server that you stick with, this way you know of new content and what is needed to keep from having to download when just trying to play, as you constantly frequent the same server over and over again your cache will always be updated or you can download the necessary files so that no downloads are ever needed just on a single night of play.

If you go out and download from the site PUTZ mentioned you only need to get the EvilHobo items, Armored Beasts mod, AHZ Vehicle mod and install these locally and you'll never download again except maybe a newer map that a server may put up, this kind of download usually takes less than a minute with a good internet connection. Some servers may not have their http quick downloads configured properly as well causing downloads to take so long.

We over at 2Manny's used to run a basic server and it died, we then went to customs and then it died, we are now exclusively a Darkest Hour server and in the midwest and it's dead as well, our community constantly asked and received everything that it had asked for but yet the server still died and remains dead by the most part. We simply need people interested in Darkest Hour and to make 2Manny's a place they call home and when new content is added you are well aware of it from our forums.

If you want a great server with great pings, great admins, great players and in the US and haven't tried the Darkest Hour mod yet, which in as little as a month will be released in a more final state (You can play the beta 2.0 now of course on our server), we will be going to the final upon release.

The only downloads you'll see are new custom maps when not part of the mod and as mentioned earlier, these take less than a minute to get in.

Upvote 0
I have been downloading the maps over the years from BartBear's site and go on there periodically to download the new stuff. Its easy to download a few maps in the background while doing other things on the internet.

When I join a server, I almost never ever have to download anything. I think it is kind of a lazy excuse to not do the above and then complain about downloads. I don't want to join a server and never play a good custom map because too many people complain about having to wait to download. That spoils my fun.

Also, if you have played the maps before and have to download them again, change your .ini settings!!! :p

Upvote 0
I can't even find a decent RO game because the servers are all stupid 24/7 Danzig (it's a good map, but what's the appeal?), Arad 24/7 or Tank-Only servers. The good servers full of people are always full or are in China or Russia and give me a ping of 2000.

Most of the players I recognize play Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour now anyway.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.