• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Game crashes as soon as map loads up

Von_Torres

Aug 2, 2006
Hello,
As soon as I join a server and select my character class, RO crashes 2 or 3 seconds after I start playing. I am not sure what to do, I was able RO before for a very long time, now its not working. This is the error message:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1833 MHz with 1022MB RAM
Video: ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (6618)
CreateIndexBuffer failed(8007000E).
History: FD3D9IndexBuffer::Cache <- FD3D9RenderInterface::SetIndexBuffer <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- RO-Danzig.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Danzig [Gdansk]

I had a similar problem loading a new RO map so I could not play that map. I solved the problem when I found a link which described a similar problem and solved it by turning off precashing in the redorchestra.ini file. (it looks like a notepad icon with a 'cog' in the RO system folder) Open the file and scroll down until you find lines that look like [ALAudio.ALAudioSubsystem] then under that subheading change precache=true to precache=false.
the other headings I changed to 'false' are:
[Engine.Levelinfo]
[Engine.NullRenderdevice]
[D3DDrv.D3Drenderdevice]
[D3D9Drv.D3D9renderdevice]
[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
[PixoDrv.PixoRenderDevice]

Upvote 0