• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

They cares as much as 15 million dollars for the exclusive...:p
Yeah, well, first off the number is 50 millions and besides, that number is peanuts compared to the amount of money the game made since its release, which is more than 500 millions.

What I'm getting at is that San Andreas was a PS2 exclusive and eventually made it to the PC and the Xbox. Also GTA IV was a console exclusive and was not announced for the PC and still made it there... So who knows maybe within six months there'll be news about TLAD concerning the other platforms.

Upvote 0
When I came accross this website on my first playthrough (PS3) I laughed my *** off seeing I got a 4 -5 stars wanted level for visiting it.

And I laughed even more when I heard on the in-game radio news that they had setup a fake website to catch pedophiles.

Man, it's those little crazy details that make this game even more awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Zips, so how does TLAD fare?

Is it great as in a must-have or does it just pump some fresh air into GTA IV without being a revolution?
Well, it's both really. It's a must-have if you enjoyed GTA4 and want more content. It's $20 and the story plus just a couple of the side quests took me almost 8 hours even to complete. $20 for 8 hours of gameplay is fantastic anymore.

I haven't even tried the multiplayer or done any more than two races, plus I still have some other loose ends to tie up in terms of side missions and the sort.

It's nothing extremely revolutionary, but with new weapons, new vehicles, some new TV, some new songs on the radio, new quests, new play mechanics, new MP modes, etc. it's well worth it.

Upvote 0
A lot of the following rant is about the last mission so if you don't want it spoilered don't read it.

I'm so ****ing pissed off. This last mission is such a piece of crap. First kill 300 enemies(oh well the last half of this game was nothing but 1against300 anyways), then the bike chase which is hard enough and THEN this ****ing helicopter **** - got there three times, three times I crashed into the sea. Seriously **** off, I hate them damn chopper controls, arghhh. But worst of all is the fact that they were too ****ing stupid to include some kind of checkpoint system so you pretty much have to do it all again. Sure a great game overall but this just pisses me off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of the following rant is about the last mission so if you don't want it spoilered don't read it.

I'm so ****ing pissed off. This last mission is such a piece of crap. First kill 300 enemies(oh well the last half of this game was nothing but 1against300 anyways), then the bike chase which is hard enough and THEN this ****ing helicopter **** - got there three times, three times I crashed into the sea. Seriously **** off, I hate them damn chopper controls, arghhh. But worst of all is the fact that they were too ****ing stupid to include some kind of checkpoint system so you pretty much have to do it all again. Sure a great game overall but this just pisses me off.
Pro tip: When you 'get to da choppa' :)D) don't actually try to shoot the boat or anything like that. You aren't meant to hit him there, and trying only makes it easier for him to down you early or for you to crash. Just keep pace with him and eventually he'll shoot you down and you crash on starfish island where the mission continues...

I too raged at this mission.

Upvote 0