• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screaming, Crying. A immersion suggestion.

Here is a suggestion i'd like to show you.

Screaming: What i mean with screaming is that if you get shot in your arm, stomach, leg or wherever. You should scream in pain, a real terrifying scream.

Crying: The thing i'd suggest about crying is that; If a artillery shell, grenade, tank shell blow up beside you, you should sometimes cry because you are scared. Here is a bad example:

Running towards the enemy.

Artillery shell hits near you, your vision gets blurred, you make a grunt and breathe heavily and you'll hear your character cry, or perhaps the comrade besides you cry.

Or if you and a comrade is in a trench or a spot where you prone next to eachother and suddenly he get's shot or blown up in pieces, you cry or scream or say: OH GOD NO, and perhaps cry.

It would be hard to balance this so that you won't hear crying EVERYWHERE you go. Perhaps make this an option? or just make it a little rare.

Well guys, just come with examples or suggestions to this suggestion and i'll add it to the main post.

EDIT: Maybe, the crying could be heard in cars? in the transport vans?

Last edited:
Another suggestion..
Screaming and crying would be awesome, I do that anyways;) but I really think that possibly pooping your pants when an arty shell lands should be added for the immersion factor as well.
Picture this ....
*ingame bombs are dropping, grenades go a'flyin', your Commander is nowhere to be found, and you haven't eaten pizzarolls in a week...a whole team of German and Russians crying, screaming, and pooping their pants simultaneously!
What a Game!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Don't know about the crying, but I'm pretty sure theres already screaming in the game from being hurt. I'm guessing if you can't hear it, your volume is too low, or you have those sounds disabled. Gotta love having a headset, though being caught in a house while artillery is fall can be somewhat deafening, all that needs to be included with that is the ringing of the ears.

Upvote 0
Don't know about the crying, but I'm pretty sure theres already screaming in the game from being hurt. I'm guessing if you can't hear it, your volume is too low, or you have those sounds disabled. Gotta love having a headset, though being caught in a house while artillery is fall can be somewhat deafening, all that needs to be included with that is the ringing of the ears.
I can hear the screams when they get shot.

But they aren't truly terrifying ones.

Upvote 0