• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[newbie]Respawning?

Torko

Feb 22, 2009
I just got this game and am tooling around in practice mode with bots. The manual and FAQ say that there is respawning, but every time I play there is none an rounds are Counterstrike-style. I fiddles with the practice mode settings but that just changes the number of bots. What do I do to enable respawning?

Hey Torko was going a good thing going into practice, wish more would.
Folks say naw just jump in and play, and then go "omfg we're losing because of the friggen noob in our only tank" in the game. Sheeeesh. ;)
Combat is a learning curve in itself, it's nice not to throw in learning the controls at the same time.

Torko, you won't need combat practice against the AI as the AI in RO is horrible. But by all means try all the weapons and get your controls sorted out. Thing you want to get to work quickly.

Get your crouch, prone, standing up, and lean left/right buttons all quick access. You'll be using them more than you think. Lots of running and diving into cover in RO :)

Get your aim button setup for quick access to using the weapon sites, with some config work or a G5 mouse you can have it drop the mouse sensitivity when you bring up the sites for more precise aiming. Useful for long range shots.

Get your deploy setup for MGs, ATRs as well as barrel change for Axis MGs. Try it a bit as deploying on objects can be a bit of a black art to get it to deploy on sandbags, windows etc. Notice sometimes your MG will clip into whatever you setup on and the bullets don't go anywhere.

Get your tank controls worked out, that includes range adjustment buttons on the gun as well as tank positions.

Cheers
T.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No idea. Are you sure that the game is Red Orchestra? I've yet to see any option that would give you the ability to manipulate and fine-tune the respawn timer - or the reinforcements themselves. Inside the game, that is (because it is possible with the use of the game editor).

In other words: lululululu, glithchchch?!?!?

Upvote 0