• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

PC Gameplay just gave Empire TW a 9.0, and said the following:
+ Beautifull environments and units
+ Very deep Grand Campaign
- Pretty long loading times
- European and Colonial units are pretty much the same
"ETW gives us what makes us love Total War, and a whole lot more. Comes highly recommended!"

They had a lot of good to say about the combat and especially the campaign map gameplay, and loved how much stuff there was to do with all the skirmishes, historical battles, Road to Independance campaign, and the Grand Campaign.

Upvote 0
I just found out something completely awesome.
Apparently, if you press Insert, you get a first person view of whatever unit you selected! Mouse-scrolling gives you the chance to switch between soldiers.
Here is a video showcasing it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx8yuoNIOnc

Be really great if you could actually control the soldier , ala fps style rather than just viewing him! Cool though.

Upvote 0
PC Gameplay just gave Empire TW a 9.0, and said the following:
+ Beautifull environments and units
+ Very deep Grand Campaign
- Pretty long loading times
- European and Colonial units are pretty much the same
"ETW gives us what makes us love Total War, and a whole lot more. Comes highly recommended!"

They had a lot of good to say about the combat and especially the campaign map gameplay, and loved how much stuff there was to do with all the skirmishes, historical battles, Road to Independance campaign, and the Grand Campaign.

The AI still seemed pretty meh to me so I'm not getting it no matter how much content they pack into it. I mean, they react to you now at least, but they still react badly.

It's a shame.

Upvote 0
A.I. still sucks so I'll be passing on this.

Creative Assembly just don't get it, in a game as focused on single player as this one, YOU NEED GOOD AI.

You *do* have to remember that creating an AI for a game as complex as the Total War battles isn't exactly a mastered science. They're the ones pioneering it here.

That being said, most reviewers and hands-on players have said that the AI is drastically improved over the other games' AIs. They say the only time there are any real problems are when the terrain gets incredibly complicated and doesn't allow for AI maneuverability. We'll see if using Steam will allow for quicker patching as well.

The other negative thing I've heard is that the AI will be a whole lot less friendly with you when you start doing well in the campaign...which sorta makes sense, but having the whole world turn against you even the minor powers would be irritating.

Upvote 0
Wasn't it always that way? In every TW game sooner or later everybody hates you, no matter what you do. Even allies that you had for centuries will turn against you for no reason. I always disliked TW diplomacy, it's just rediculous.

Apparently the diplomacy *is* better in this one though. People who had played it, also Lusted (bigtime community member who worked on AI at TWcenter.net and is now working for CA) said this as well, that the AI backstabs you a whole lot less.

But yeah, it was always this way. But the IGN review just noted that the more successful you were, the harder it was to make friends (which does make sense in some ways, though IMO minor powers should suck up to you then).

Upvote 0
Yeah, damn Poles. Also, how come my reputation with the pope always goes from near perfect to abysmal in a matter of two or so turns, while everyone else is almost always best friends with him.

Imo the strategy AI and its erratic and unfair behaviour was always a lot more annoying than the tactical AI. They just took that "total war" thing too far. Somebody should tell them that there's nothing wrong with a diplomatic victory

Upvote 0
Im playing Medieval 2 right now in the Teutonic campaign as denmark and yes, everybody hates me, even tho I always release my defeated foes and never kill the population (well, at least my generals are some kind of super heroes now)

also, playing while listening to this album is awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar2p8upbjc0&feature=related

I must find something that goes with Empire as good as this one goes with Medieval 2 =P

Upvote 0
Yeah, damn Poles. Also, how come my reputation with the pope always goes from near perfect to abysmal in a matter of two or so turns, while everyone else is almost always best friends with him.

Imo the strategy AI and its erratic and unfair behaviour was always a lot more annoying than the tactical AI. They just took that "total war" thing too far. Somebody should tell them that there's nothing wrong with a diplomatic victory

Upvote 0

images-miscellaneous-2006-rake-700x700.jpg

Upvote 0
Im playing Medieval 2 right now in the Teutonic campaign as denmark and yes, everybody hates me, even tho I always release my defeated foes and never kill the population (well, at least my generals are some kind of super heroes now)

also, playing while listening to this album is awesome:

I must find something that goes with Empire as good as this one goes with Medieval 2 =P

Not hardcore but should fit :D

Upvote 0