• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

Nothing yet to make me cancel my preorder of the Special Edition though.
I've had a few bugs here and there but nothing a patch wont iron out. Most importantly, i had fun, and the amount of new things to do on the campaign map sounds really promising.
And ofcourse, anything with bayonets = instant win for me anyways:D

Shipbattle.jpg

This pic shows the Americans marching across the creek after i had taken out their cannons.
I actually managed to rout them with just 2 units, grenadiers and highlanders, all that was left of my army after i just rushed my entire army across to see what would happen. Pulled these 2 units back before they routed, rearranged them, and had a small exchange of fire before an American squad came running in. I routed them, and had my soldiers pursue. They then hit another American squad before they could fire, routing them as well, and i slaughtered them in the creek.
brandycreek.jpg

Upvote 0
Modders have found a way to unpack the demo files and are already modding away :). One VERY welcome side effect to unpacking? Drastically decreased load times.

See this thread at TWC for details:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=227982

Just explore the Empire modding forum there for info on what you can do with your files (modding wise) once unpacked.

EDIT: Oh, and for the game to recognize the unpacked files, just move "demo1.pack" to a folder called "backup" or something similar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, that inside the ship view is great, didnt know about that.

Poor horsies btw ... :(

Once people start modding away, there will definitely be a American Civil War mod, and it will be awesome :D
I really hope the demo is from another branch than the finished product, so many bugs will be ironed out when released. No way they can fix all the issues in such a short time before launch.

Upvote 0
I just saw a review in a Dutch gaming magazine, called Power Unlimited.
Only believable person on their entire time just gave it a 9.5 and titled it 'quite possibly the best RTS ever made' :)
PU arent really that great a magazine imho though, as bugs etc are usually hardly mentioned. But as i said before, bugs can be ironed out by patches, so this is a promising start.
And i believe patches will come, considering they want to add campaign multiplayer.

Upvote 0
For some reason this forum keeps telling me my message is too short, like the third time I've type this out lol, gonna have to remember to copy it before I click reply this time.

I haven't been here for quite some time and saw a link here from my youtube video that SiC-Disaster linked to (showing the first person view) so I thought I'd pop over and check up on RO (can't wait to see the next one or whatever the developers make with the UE3 engine) and this topic as well.

I'm really looking forward to the game and can't wait til it's out.

The naval battles were a blast and I don't think I'll be skipping any of them in the full game. Really enjoy how much control you have over your ships and the ability to fire, etc. Also a good tip is to use the grouping formations so that your ships stay in a line and follow the lead ship, this way they won't jumble together or cross each others firing path.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If it takes less then 4 games to find the most best/effective way to win then yes it is shallow!

I set the difficulty to 'very hard' and I still got a heroic victory very first try.

Boarding, grapeshot, chainshot, taking direct control of guns. All those things are completely useless, at least in a scenario where you want to win quickly. Maybe in the campaign you might try and capture ships by grapeshotting -> causes them to surrender, or by immobilizing-> boarding, but in an evenly matched battle you can only do this after you have destroyed at least half there ships or else it's unnecassary risk. After that who cares because you have already won.

Does that compute with you!?

:p

Upvote 0
If you capture ships in the campaign battles and they have new technology that you didnt have, that new tech becomes available to you.
How's that for incentive to go and board other ships?:D

Also, some guy on the TW forums posted about just clicking the ships and have them do everything by default (meaning attack-clicking other ships) and they would win every single time. Apperantly he succeeded in this multiple times, but no matter how many times i try this it doesnt work for me, my ships then just procede to ram into the enemy ships so i really doubt that credibility.
The trick for naval battles mainly means creating the best situations for ideal firelines without getting your own ships in the way. In this situation you have 6 ships to manage, so should be fairly easy (subjective though. I got slaughtered first time)
But in the full game you can control up to 20 ships, so it makes for far more difficult gameplay.

Upvote 0