• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trouble starting online games

bobdonkey123

Sep 24, 2008
Well, now RO has actually started launching again I've started trying to get into matches again.

Now I've never been able to play an online match before in RO. I resigned myself to playing bots, a little annoying but I didn't pay that much for it so what the heck.

But now I actually manage to connect to matches (or at least, I think I do). I get past the black screen with the white writing and into the "Deploying to x" thing with the picture of a fight going on. I was over the moon at first, but now it seems I can't get past this screen.

I know RO has had load time issues, but I've left it for up to half an hour now and nothing. I've checked the load time page, but when it comes to computers I'm an idiot.

I think I've found the Redorchestra.ini file. It suits it best and it is a notepad with a little cog, but it's just called "Redorchestra" (no .ini) and, even if it is the right file, I have no idea how to change the cache to fit whatever the hell my ram is.

Is this a load time issue, and if it is can someone give me a step by step (literally a "click here, click here, click the button with "x" written on it") guide to fixing it?

Look at this...
http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=171024

The information is there.

Some things need to be changed from True to False
You may have to change 32 to 64 or whatever.
Just save when you have done the necessary.

You may like to backup the file before making any changes, if for whatever reason it does not work, simply delete the ini. file and Steam will replace it the next time you start up.

Upvote 0
OK guys, I've been brave and had a crack at editing it (making sure to back the file up). My RAM is 512mb (I think anyway, I'm pretty sure that I looked at the right number when checking my specs).

Before the Cachewhatever=32, but I've changed it to 64. This is right, right? I've also done the prechaching=false stuff.

Anyway, if that doesn't fix it it's probably my connection. Curse BT.

Is it annoying listening to someone so completely clueless about computers?

EDIT: Ok, it hasn't worked. I might've changed the file wrong, but I'm pretty sure I didn't. How do I post a file so people can check if I changed it properly?

I'm also thinking about opening ports and stuff. I've seen the thread telling me which ports RO uses, but I have no idea how to open them or even access my firewall or router settings.

I knew I should've taken IT.

Last edited:
Upvote 0