• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Empire Total War

empiretwamericancoloniefx1.jpg

Montreal, Ontario
Uhhhh what?

Upvote 0
Where does that screenshot come from?
Anyways, i dont think that it will be a useless 'gimmick'. It looks to me that it would cut into an enemy's income from trade, as well as providing some booty for your own, extra cash etc.
Though obviously this is an act of war, so your army which is busy raiding becomes a target of choice. Could be a nice distraction to get enemies out of their defensive position though.

Upvote 0
No way I'm pre-ordering this till I know if the AI is not ****.

The flagrantly massive achilles' heel of every single other TW game.

Hope to God they've finally fixed this issue. Oh well, only a few hours to wait and see :).

I doubt the demo will showcase the AI to it's full extent, though.
I say that because the demo will include 2 tutorials, and 2 historical battles. The historical battles are obviously scripted to do what happened back then, but we will have to see just how much the AI is allowed to react to player movement.

Upvote 0
I doubt the demo will showcase the AI to it's full extent, though.
I say that because the demo will include 2 tutorials, and 2 historical battles. The historical battles are obviously scripted to do what happened back then, but we will have to see just how much the AI is allowed to react to player movement.
No, the demo will only have two historical battles...no tutorials. One land battle and one naval battle. The Battle of Brandywine Creek is the land battle and the Battle of Lagos is the naval battle.

Upvote 0
No, the demo will only have two historical battles...no tutorials. One land battle and one naval battle. The Battle of Brandywine Creek is the land battle and the Battle of Lagos is the naval battle.

This is quoted from the forum link, said by Sensei, a guy from CA.
"Giving you a taste of the epic engagements that you'll be experiencing from 3rd March, the demo will take you through the basics of land and naval command and then unleash you in two historical battles!"

Upvote 0