• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Achievements: Coming to RO. Soon.

BOOM WITH A VIEW: Kill 5 or more enemies with an air-bursting grenade.
F.O.R.D.: Kill 2 or more transport passengers at once without destroying the vehicle.
YOUR LUCKY DAY/NOT YOUR DAY: Empty both your main and secondary weapons, and win/lose the ensuing melee battle.
MR. UNTOUCHABLE: Don't die for an entire round while not receiving a single wound, and killing an average of at least 1 enemy per minute.
PURPLE HEART: Don't die for an entire round while wounded, and killing an average of at least 1 enemy per minute.
IT'S MONDAY: Get killed 10 times in a row in a single round without making it out of spawn.
POST-MORTEM VENGEANCE: Kill 100 enemies after you die.
BODYGUARD: Kill more 25 or more enemies while next to the same person, who is never wounded.
MEATSHIELD: Get shot 25 or more times while next to the same person, who is never wounded by anyone who shot you.
VIGILANTE: Kill 100 or more enemies within 5 seconds of them killing someone near you.
HYPERFOCUSED: Kill the person who wounded you, at least 3 minutes later and without firing any shots in between.
PITSTOP: Jump out of a vehicle, kill an AT/satcheller/etc., then jump back in, all within 20 seconds.

Upvote 0
-Forgive 100 teamkills

-Melee an enemy and then shoot him to finish him off

-Shoot someone with a pistol at 100+ meters

-Decapitate someone with a PTRD

-Play Darkest Hour

-Play Mare Nostrum

-Kill the last enemy left when the other team is at 0%

-Wound an enemy with your primary weapon then pull out a pistol and finish him off

-Wound an enemy with your primary/secondary weapon then melee him to finish him off

-Kill whoever is in first on the other team 10 times in one round

-Kill a tank with artillery

-Shoot someone while they are in a vehicle

-Have your gun shot from your hands twice in one life

-Get wounded by an enemy an then kill him

-Kill an enemy sniper with a sniper rifle 10 times in one round

-Donate at least $100 to Tripwire Interactive

-Melee an enemy with a panzerfaust

-Crawl under an enemy tank without getting crushed

-Kill someone at 1000+ meters

-Kill someone at 2000+ meters

-Get 20 kills from the same location without dying

-Kill 15 enemies with one artillery barage

-Melee a Tripwire member

-Have 10 shells bounce off of your tank

-Kill someone with the screen name ROplayer

-Vote for a map other then Arad/Danzig

-Shoot an enemy in midair

-Get a grenade kill from 15+ meters

-Kill an enemy with a grenade that wounds you and live

-Resupply an MG who has requested it

-Stay within 15 feet of the same teammate for 2+ mins

-Let a teammate in your vehicle within 1 min of him requesting pickup

-Move to the rally point set by your squad leader

-Take 50+ screenshots

-Drop a weapon/ammo and have a teammate pick it up within 15 secs

-Melee the same enemy twice once with the butt of the gun and once with a bayonet

-Kill the same enemy in one round with 5 different weapons

-Get a head wound and live

-Make me stop posting random stupid ideas

-Fall 30+ feet

-Drive a total of 50 miles in a tank

-Run 26 miles

-Get killed by an enemy suicide bomber

-Get killed by an enemy that picked up your weapon

-Kill an enemy carrying a satchel charge with the hull MG of a tank

-Kill an enemy within 20 secs of him wounding a nearby team mate

-Kill a panther or a tiger with a PTRD

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What bull**** is this? This seriously got to be a joke... Or have triwpire went from being a realistic first person shooter to a more day of defeat genre or what? Seriously is this what tripwire thinks the community wants???

I always loved RO for the more mature community it has, this is going to be over soon. Please don't implement these f*ckin avatars at least, there were already discussions about this stuff on the forums some while ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Achievements ? I've got mixed feelings about that... Hope this at least won't come with a pop up message for everyone on the server complete with cheesy music like it does in Dod, really wouldn't fit the atmosphere of RO. Or at least, I wish server settings will allow disabling of such notifications of achievements... And I hope we won't be plagued by silly behaviour from people who are only on the server to fulfil one particular achievement...

That said, I should have a lot of the stuff proposed already :p

Dedication: Play Arad for six hours straight

... including this one :p

Waxx- Milosevic: Kill an unarmed opponent

THis one might be have a bit controversial name :p...

I always loved RO for the more mature community it has, this is going to be over soon. Please don't implement these f*ckin avatars at least, there were already discussions about this stuff on the forums some while ago.

I wouldn't mind the Avatars, though, mine is a neat photo of a soviet shock troop, very in-character :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bjelaja Smert: Kill 100 russian snipers with standard bolt-action rifle (non-scoped rifles)
Rokka: Kill 50 russians with PPD-40 in a single round in Mannikkala (Would work in other maps too but then you'd have to find a PPD first)
Fearless: Kill someone with a bash when he's shooting at you with an SMG
Lottery winner: get killed by random arty
OMGWTF?!: Get killed by your own tank shell bouncing off an enemy
Exchange: You shoot an enemy at the same time he shoots you, and both of you die at the same time
Reach out and touch someone: kill an enemy with sniper rifle at very long distance
Anti-tank sniper: snipe a tank crewman while he's driving/commanding a tank with his head exposed
Lawnmower: Get 50 MG kills in a single round
It's nice to be small: stay alive when enemy tank drives over you
Commando tactics: crawl under an enemy tank and plant a satchel (and destroy the tank)

That's my share. Some of them are propably already added here..

Upvote 0
Loader: Resupply any ammo requesting Machine Gunners 5 times in one life.

Dutiful: As any non-AT class, destroy a tank with a scavenged PTRD.

Supportive: As any non-MG class, kill 15 people with a scavenged MG.

Overwatch: Kill 5 enemy soldiers inside an actively contested capzone whilst located outside it.

Confidence: As Squad Leader, issue an order, and within 30 seconds have 10 human team mates respond to it with a "Yes, sir".

Screening: Capture an objective within 2 minutes of throwing a smoke grenade in or around it.

Awareness: Place 5 seperate Rally Points and call in artillery on 3 seperate locations in 1 lifetime.

Designated Driver: Drive an accumulated total of 25km in a Half-track/Carrier loaded with at least 2 passengers.

Selective: As a Sniper, kill 5 Squad Leaders, 5 Machine Gunners and 5 Sappers.

Preservation: Kill 10 players armed with panzerfausts whilst manning a tanks hull gun.

Path Clearer: Destroy a total of 200 destructible objectives as an Engineer.

Atonement: Apologize for team-kills with the "Sorry" voice command and be forgiven 25 times.

Faust: Destroy 25 tanks located in capzones held by your team.

Personally I'm not over-keen on the idea of achievements, but I guess while they don't add much they aren't taking anything away either. So if they can revive some interest in the game then fair enough I guess.

On another note, will this be accompanied by a record+stat tracking page that details things like "most kills" and time played as specific classes, like TF2 does?

Upvote 0
This topic has created some interest.

I have noticed that, although RO has always strived to be a Team Game, the majority of possible achievements listed so far appear to be solo / single player only?

Swapping achievements from other games, Call Of Duty / Team Fortress etc.., would seem a little easy and perhaps a missed opportunity?

Is it possible to develop achievements that require/demand some kind of co-ordinated team play?

kba

Upvote 0
It would be cool to get awards like medals and badges. You could show off your bling on your steam profile. Here some examples out of my collection. :)
russianmedals.jpg

Upvote 0
Please, do not have something that interferes with the game such as popup notifications or other things that tell me I or others achieved some status. At the very least, have an option to turn it off.

If it is a seperate entity that you can view after you leave a server, no problem with that.

If done properly, I have no problem with achievements. I just hope it doesn't turn into something that annoys me (ie one of the reasons I don't buy other games)

-----------------

I beg to differ.. You'd be amazed at how seriously some players take Gametracker's silly little stats (total points, points/min, hours played).

Having said that. Ultimately, its your game and your call. Good luck!

I agree, it will affect how some people play. Please make the achievements serious enough to not cause moronic behavior on the servers if you do.

Upvote 0
I would suggest that acheivements should be hidden until you get them, which means you will get them while playing normally, and people wouldn't be working for them at least do this with the ridiculous ones, make them secret if possible, so they happen accidentally instead of intentionally

as for seeing someone else getting achievements, I don't think it'll bother me at all unless those acheivements are too common

Upvote 0
It won't affect gameplay,...
;) I disagree with you. This greatly influence the behavior of some players.
Some will be spent unnecessarily to kill classmates.
Others do not capture the goals and are dedicated solely to eliminate enemies.
But clearly, everyone do what they want. This system does not require anything.
;) It would be a good idea that could be activated or not by the server administrator.
:D But it is nice to see what many already knew, that this game is not dead.

What bull**** is this? This seriously got to be a joke... Or have triwpire went from being a realistic first person shooter to a more day of defeat genre or what? Seriously is this what tripwire thinks the community wants???
:eek: Well, this is a way to have fun in the game and attract new players (

Upvote 0
Ok, in case people don't know us well enough...

1. We are adding in Achievements for some FUN and because Steam makes it fairly easy for us to do. The only way it should affect gameplay is in encouraging some teamplay.
2. We are NOT going to add in any Achievements that encourage out-of-character or retarded play. Certainly nothing encouraging TKing or anything else - but keep the "Frag the officer" silly ideas coming - they are giving us a good laugh.
3. No, there won't be all sorts of sad little icons popping up all over the place - that belongs in other styles of game. No in-game avatars or anything else.

Just so ya know :)

Upvote 0