• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

insulting each other in-game (please read)

Everyone is/was a noob at sometime in everything.

Step One : Ignore
Step Two: What someone says reflects more about (on) them than it does on their object(Target)
Step Three:A message is understood as it is received, Not as it was sent.

On a side note: the unreality of online interaction is that in game i might be listening to classical music while my opponent is listening to Death Metal, therefore our experiences though shared are very different. Our reactions to onscreen events though shared visually (albeit 3D) bring out some base instincts such as fear or fight or more notably frustration. these may exacerbate feelings in our actual reality and prompt less than (seemingly) reasonable outbursts.

Upvote 0
I don't like that type of chat, and the other guys who do all the 'your team got PWNED!' talk, just because it causes people to log off. Not only is it stupid as it's usually because the back slappers are stacking teams anyway (defense on a defense bias map has +5 guys, one side all clan etc.) but with the low RO pop we need as many players as we can get.

T.

Upvote 0
I'll confess that I do lose it with people more when playing RO than any other game. There are a lot of way to be dumb playing RO, I think because it's quite unforgiving and because of friendly fire.

If it's not people on your team shooting the engine of your tank or APC with an anti-tank rifle, it's people deciding that just because there was an enemy in a room when they died there two minutes ago, there probably still is now, so they will just chuck nades in there blindly. Of course, you killed the guy who killed them and now you and three team mates are in that room but hey, that's not the nade spamming TKer's problem. Also, people seeing you pull a nade out and throw it and just charging after it like a dog after a ball.

My most hated, though, is when you are playing as the MG. If it's not people running past you as you scream for ammo or even worse as I've had many times lying NEXT to me and refusing to give me ammo until I stand right in front of them and jump up and down spamming the AMMO AMMO voice command. Or people deciding that your line of fire would be better suited to their lone KAR 98 so lying in front of you, or running in front of the stream of BRIGHT GREEN tracers and getting you auto-booted from the server.

Phew.

Upvote 0
I admit I said something like that only once in all of the 4 years I played RO. It was on Berezina, me and another guy were tankers on 2 different tanks. I was tanking solo and had like 147 points when the guy second on the scoreboard had less then 60.

Midmap this guy joins the server and wants to tank with me. Ok, no problem. I play as I usually do and he starts telling me how terrible I am and asks me if I ever used a tank before- so I say "Dude, I played a tank crew guy during this map and look at my score.. please dont try to teach me to play RO"
For the next 10 minutes he stood in spawn and threw remarks like "OHH KLAUS YOU MUST BE SO GREAT!!..douche."

Upvote 0
hah yea, the only thing that really grinds my gears in the game is when I'm in a tank and my tankcrew are idiots (I only tank on Leningrad and with a tankcrew). But I solved that by make sure I'm the driver, as long as the tank is angled right they can miss the target all they want. There's nothing more annoying than being the guy in the turret and the driver doesn't follow your orders.

Upvote 0
I admit I said something like that only once in all of the 4 years I played RO. It was on Berezina, me and another guy were tankers on 2 different tanks. I was tanking solo and had like 147 points when the guy second on the scoreboard had less then 60.

Midmap this guy joins the server and wants to tank with me. Ok, no problem. I play as I usually do and he starts telling me how terrible I am and asks me if I ever used a tank before- so I say "Dude, I played a tank crew guy during this map and look at my score.. please dont try to teach me to play RO"
For the next 10 minutes he stood in spawn and threw remarks like "OHH KLAUS YOU MUST BE SO GREAT!!..douche."

lol I know what you mean, I've met that kind of guy before, is so frustrating that you cant just punch them in the face

Upvote 0
Good evening. This regarding people who insult, call each other names and argue in-game/over the internet. In Red orchestra, some people have better skills than others and TK each other BY ACCIDENT. It seems in Red orchestra, and every other online game that people insult each other for doing something they don't like, which is often so ridiculous i am in fits of laughter. For example i was just playing RO and there was a huge argument between some players shouting ' IM F'ING BETTER THAN YOU LOOK AT MY SCORE' and other pathetic insults such as 'your mother'
Getting to the point, i want all of you to take this in, im not trying to offend you, although i wouldn't care if you are as rude and sad as the people i met today. For all those who insult people for stupid things using foul language and offensive insults,...

YOU WOULDN'T SAY IT FACE TO FACE WITH THEM IN REAL LIFE. Why ? because you would be nervous, know that they would kick your head in and that you just don't have the guts.

INSULTING PEOPLE USING CHAT AND TEXT IS PATHETIC AND EXTREMELY SAD, YOU SHOULD NOT FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF.

i am saying this very seriously, people who do this really need to rethink what they are doing, especially if it is going to affect their real personality.

TREAT PEOPLE HOW YOU WOULD TREAT PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. You'd look pretty stupid and mental if you ran up to someone you don't know and yell ' O-M-G you are a noob your mother is good in bed', and following shortly after you would find yourself with a black eye or in a straight jacket.

so before you blurt out something you shouldn't, take into consideration if you would say it to them in person, or if saying it will really make a difference or make you feel better about yourself.

King regards, Will B

is really depressing to see people writing nonsense in the text, have education and respect is always good ...

Upvote 0