• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour Update

[TW]Wilsonam

VP, Tripwire Int.
Oct 17, 2005
Roswell, GA
www.tripwireinteractive.com
Darkest Hour Updates - 9 Feb 2009

Here we have the next update from the Darkest Hour team - including a subtle rebranding to "Darkest Hour: Europe 44-45". A little broadening of the horizons going on there, to reflect the wider target of the mod these days.

New features added this week include:
  • Supersonic bullet snaps
  • Grenade self-sacrifice (diving on them to protect your friends)
  • New weapon textures
  • New animations
  • Many fixes
For the full details, click on the picture to jump over to the Darkest Hour website and see how the work is progressing!

Nice update! I'm really loving the new German winter uniforms (perhaps you could give the Germans full snow camo as well like in the pics below) and the Supersonic Bullet Snaps feature (I wonder if this will help to add suppressive fire to DH ?).

bwGermanOverwhiteCamo.jpg
overwhites.jpg
germansnowcamobobho3.jpg

Plus the changing of the name from Darkest Hour: Normandy '44 to Europe '44-'41 is now a better title

Red Orchestra: Ostfront '41-'45
Darkest Hour: Europe '44-'45
Mare Nostrum: North Africa '40-'43 ?

Another thing will the grenade sacrificer get extra points for risking his own life to protect team-mates from getting naded ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The German winter uniform is randomly assigned from various trousers and tops. So you could have all white.

Best thing about nade sacrificing.... your comrade dives on the nade at your feet. You calmly stand on his back. There is a loud bang - everything blurs, your ears ring and you walk away from a twitching pile of meat. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried it for a couple hours, its ok. But I thought of the 3 or 4 maps I tried could have been better,they were really huge battle fields and no transportation.The realistic sounds were alot better than I expected.
I wonder about the standard maps I think 53 of them," where are the maps with closer quarters I mean house to house and street to street fighting!

Upvote 0
I'm gettin some bugs on the house to house map I was just on, first nade resupply at the manor wouldn't resupply me, then when I got capped there wasn't a tk notification,so [what made the screen go black] I don't know if its friendly fire or not,I got rifle butted by a teammate so I know that tk damage is under control,and it was getting pretty sweet for a few minutes picking off targets at the ruins like fish in a barrel,but the germans always win...lol
Then the next game I got booted for tk's because they were attacking the bridge from the wrong direction, so they couldn't be teamates...I don't what that was about:eek: maybe doped up bots.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks I didn't know that. :cool: But, they never released insurgency,its still a mod for a long time too! I checked out the test server for DarkestHour and it literally was the darkest map I ever tried :rolleyes: , I didn't like it too much.And there wasn't any transportation,one of the reasons I didn't like it much. One of the other servers would cause a flamewar if I commented about tk's realistically.
And now when the MG gets kia you can pick up the gun but his ammo isn't there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0