• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

IL2 Sturmovick Birds of Prey

I think some of you guys live with your heads in the ground, sometimes.

Yeah, it'll be real tough to play this game using a controller like this :rolleyes::

1181960827.jpg

(and Yes, it works with games other than Ace Combat 6)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think some of you guys live with your heads in the ground, sometimes.

Yeah, it'll be real tough to play this game using a controller like this :rolleyes:

Even that.. thing wont make it on par with the PC version and we all know it, i used to own an X45 stick, which this is an obvious copy of, and you'd better belive i still had to use my keyboard besides the stick to toggle alot of IL2's functions.

Honestly, i don't care if you think this game will rock or not, really i don't, but can we please stop pretending this will be an ultra realism flightsim to rival thouse on the PC? it might be fun, and i might even get it for my PSP unless it stinks on that, but honestly now.. lets be reasonable here, a PC killer it wont be and you know it as well as i do.

Upvote 0
Even that.. thing wont make it on par with the PC version and we all know it, i used to own an X45 stick, which this is an obvious copy of, and you'd better belive i still had to use my keyboard besides the stick to toggle alot of IL2's functions.

Honestly, i don't care if you think this game will rock or not, really i don't, but can we please stop pretending this will be an ultra realism flightsim to rival thouse on the PC? it might be fun, and i might even get it for my PSP unless it stinks on that, but honestly now.. lets be reasonable here, a PC killer it wont be and you know it as well as i do.
You hate every console game so no surprise here. Don't even act like you'd ever give it a fair chance. The default settings will probably give you a lot of help like auto trim, gyro gunsights etc. But most realism options of IL-2 should be manageable with a stick like that. The game focuses on fighters, so you don't need a whole lot of the buttons you need for the pc IL-2. Now delete complex engine management and you're already down to very few commands. You could also assign these functions to simple menus like the squadron orders. The more important thing is the flight model anyways not the number of buttons.

Upvote 0
You hate every console game so no surprise here.

Wrong, i hate multiplatform games and playing Console games on a PC, yes, very much so, but i do not hate playing them on a Console, where they belong and make sense.

See the difference? well you would have if you actually read any of my posts, out of all the intertube stalkers i've had, you are definately the least observant..

Now delete complex engine management and you're already down to very few commands.

And there we have it, congrats, perhabs something is finally sinking in there! yes yes, if we remove a few things here and there, it can work! but then.. if stuff gets deleted, is it still the same game the PC one was? hmm? or is it not missing some things?

Its really that simple, there's no slight of hand here, no smoke and mirrors, its basic stuff this, if we have 2 games in the same franchise, one has 50 features, the other has been scaled down to 30 features, then the one with 50 has more stuff!

Upvote 0
''Wrong, i hate multiplatform games and playing Console games on a PC, yes, very much so, but i do not hate playing them on a Console, where they belong and make sense.''

yeah you little gamenazi. let's never have a sport game on pc or a jump and run. of course you totally ignore the facts that are already there. and that is you already have flight sticks for consoles and that a very large number of il 2 gamers are playing like i do: full realism settings but nothing more than a cyborg evo and 5-6 keys on keyboard.

''See the difference? well you would have if you actually read any of my posts, out of all the intertube stalkers i've had, you are definately the least observant..''
there you go with your laughable attempts at insulting again. there is no need to read your posts, they are all the same. you bash on any game that does not fit your narrow minded ideas of how they should be. constructive criticism? never. than of course the other realism freaks jump in and you can tap each others back.

''And there we have it, congrats, perhabs something is finally sinking in there! yes yes, if we remove a few things here and there, it can work! but then.. if stuff gets deleted, is it still the same game the PC one was? hmm? or is it not missing some things?''
perhaps you are a little too young to know that the original il-2 did not have engine management. hmm. maybe i was missing that. maybe noone ever said it was going to be the exact game as on pc. maybe you don't even know if it has engine management or not.

''Its really that simple, there's no slight of hand here, no smoke and mirrors, its basic stuff this, if we have 2 games in the same franchise, one has 50 features, the other has been scaled down to 30 features, then the one with 50 has more stuff!''
yeah because having more stuff makes a great game.

Upvote 0
yeah because having more stuff makes a great game.

Sounds quite a paradox that we are supposed to have atleast semi-realistic flight simulator, yet less **** in those = the beter.

I can understand that somewhat, since it is a console game and some things need to be dumbed down, but even if it would have the best flight model ever made and best simple-instant-fighter action, I really doubt how it works on consoles. Well, X360 might make somewhat sense, but DS and PSP? Wtf?

Maybe it's the game of the year 2009, or maybe it just sucks ***. Kinda hard to tell at this point.

Upvote 0
By less I mean less wide a range but more focus. Many of the buttons in IL-2 are funtionless or not necessarily needed on many planes. So if they choose the planes wisely they can avoid some complexity early on without having to dumb down too much. By simply having only fighters you already eliminate a good deal of commands (although I rmember them saying they were going to have bombers). Many if not most good PC flight sims like EAW only had fighter planes in them and were still awesome. Storm of War seems to concentrate on rather few planes aswell. As much as I love the variety in IL-2, I sometimes wish they had done a few planes more thoroughly instead of adding more and more and more.

The developers have said that in the realistic mode you will have cockpit view only, stalls and spins, blackouts and redouts. If those are in, you don't have a too long checklist to go before you are on IL-2 (original) level.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ehh, i could write you a great big rebuttal there KK, but why bother? you don't read anything i write anyway, you have allready put me in a little box that you think i fit in, and you wont listen to anything i say that does not conform to your forgone conclusion of me, thus, it is pointless.

But that's pretty much all you do here, isen't it? attack people who don't agree with your personal opinion of what's "fun", how dare we show disinterest in a game you think is jolly grand, why.. we must be EVIL! yes! thats it!

Go on KrazyKuixote, fight the brave fight! :rolleyes:

Upvote 0