• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 2142 Demo

DO you not realize that 2142 is only 136 years away???? I really don't think we will have lasers for everyone by that time. Some of the ammo is a bit "different" but I dont think any are lasers.

136 years is an AGE!

It probably would be some form of E-M weapon, whether it is a laser or not. It's quite likely that whatever is used is outside our current knowledge, so we can't really speculate.

It certainly won't be small bits of metal flashing back and fore.

Upvote 0
What Conscript said.

There will probably not be much change simply because it's not really needed. 1 modern day soldier has about the same firepower that a entire regiment of musketeers had back in the days.

People may want to check this out. It's called Metal Storm. It is very real and will likely be much improved in the future. So no I don't think BF2142 models how weapons will be in the future. It's just modern weapons in a futuristic skin.

http://www.metalstorm.com/index.php?src=gendocs&link=The_Technology&category=Main&PHPSESSID=0bf02a7a1e65b41124c0f3323a7297d7

Upvote 0
Why don't the tanks have co-axial anyway? They feel so weak. Only the walkers are satisfying, only just...

The circle jerk gameplay of capping and decapping in circles is ugh boring?!

It's also hard to tell friend from foe until you hover cursor around the person and wait ito see a blue or red name tag come up....
I keep getting a connection lost message every so often as well!!!!!!!
Man do the shaders take ages to re-calculate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe RO has spoilt me a bit, I took RO for granted but there is a feeling of punch in RO when you fire a tank gun etc
Now RO in a Sci Fi setting? Hmm :cool:

Been testing other games w/ my lan group & this sums it up for me, all BF games seem to lack punch imo. & the "unlocks" stuff ain't for me.

Upvote 0