• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Roads to Moscow

It had about 40,000 views on youtube - mostly from users over age 45 who were linked from other Al Stewart videos ... I'm sure the record company found it the same way.

I was given the option of bringing the video back, either silent or with a song loop from youtube's list of copyright free music from different genres.

So you might see it back up with an old school hiphop beat or christian rock tune from their selection. But I'll add annotations with links to the serious version.

Upvote 0
Copyright complain claimers completely ruin youtube :mad:

If every video was a copyright we might as well not have a youtube in the first place.

They remove videos even if it has nothing to do with copyrights but people just say that it is just for the fun of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, I expected a frag video. This is a work of art!

It's not youtube's fault, though. If they didn't react quickly to copyright complaints they would get sued and taken down eventually. The only way of preserving the huge body of youtube is to lose a few limbs from time to time.

If you do use one of youtubes free tracks please don't use something that completely destroys the atmosphere, but use something soft and purely instrumental and make sure visitors get to see the link to the original video.

Upvote 0
I still have it on my Youtube profile, so far i havent gotten any 'infringements' for that particular video.
2 other video's i have on there have been removed though because of the same reason, copyright stuff.

Seriously though, if they want to take down every video with an unlicensed song, they could just as well take down every other useful video on Youtube except for the ones where obese people dance in their underwear:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Dear member,

This is to notify you that your video "Roads to Moscow" from your Google
Video account has been disabled because it has been identified by our
Content Identification tools as potentially lacking the necessary
copyright authorization for use on the Google Video site. Content
Identification is a program that analyzes similarities in audio or video
between user videos and a library of reference content provided to us by
copyright owners. When a video matches a reference file, that video is
automatically disabled.

Upvote 0
Last edited: