• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Quake live

The "connection interrupted" error completely ruins the gameplay for me. For couple of minutes the ping is fine, but randomly the ping jumps to 999 and next I'm dead. Same issue whether the server is located in USA or Europe.

The game is fun during those moments when I can actually play. It's been a long time since I played these classic DM games, will try UT3 after the patch has been released.

Upvote 0
I played it for a while in January but I got of got tired of it, because it's basically just Quake 3 Arena with a few changes for competitive play. If you're not a seriously hardcore ego shooter player, this game will frustrate and bore you quickly.

It does however, have a difficulty grading system for servers that allows you to find a game full of people of equal (or lesser lol) skills. Stat tracking and friends lists and whatnot turn it into one of those community games like Battlefield 2, which is cool I guess.

Since I'm Canadian, I guess the beta is either international, or they consider Canada to be "practically American".

Upvote 0