• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

CC Mortars in RO

Echoman

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2008
I played on a RO server recently that has an Arad custom map with Light Artillary postion. I chose that position, but I can't use the mortar. I can see the mortar, deploy it up, move it, set distance, I press "fire" to load it and nothing, it even says I have no ammo. What is the issue?

CC mortars wont work with RO, simple as that, unless it actually IS an CC map. As far as i am aware there is a Arad port to CC called Arud. When you have no ammo and instead of the romanian playericon in the left bottom of the screen there is the german one, the server is set up wrong or well, it is no CC map.

Upvote 0
as i said, the mortars will not work in an RO map. Well, you wont have ammo.
And since i coded them, i probably can tell ;)
I believe you. I actually got excited, I thought someone figured out a way to make it work. That is why I was asking.

On another note, I did play on CC Ardon and had the same problem. I did not have ammo, and could not load the mortar, but I could deploy and do everythin else. It was on the 50pc. server. Does that mean I am missing something or is the server missing something? I checked my files and they all seem to be there.

Upvote 0
Unless the map they are on is changed to the CCTeamGame, there is no way to make them work ;)

As for the server, it probably wasnt using the correct gametype. You can usually see if you dont get the CC teamselection screen or the player icon is not the romanian player.

Upvote 0
Unless the map they are on is changed to the CCTeamGame, there is no way to make them work ;)

As for the server, it probably wasnt using the correct gametype. You can usually see if you dont get the CC teamselection screen or the player icon is not the romanian player.

yeah you can put CC on any map you like, just change around some of the actors and whatnot inside the SDK and bada boom bada bing, Arad CC

Upvote 0