• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour problem

-Where did you install DH?

-Did you create a seperate shortcut (on your desktop for example)? If so, right click on the shortcut, choose properties and post here what the "Target" is for the shortcut. It should be something like this:
Code:
"C:\[B][I]*Steam location*[/I][/B]\Steam.exe" -gameidlaunch 14548271936401573040 -mod="DarkestHour"

-If you're launching the game from Steam, try to create a new shortcut on desktop, and run it from there. If that doesn't work, reinstall DH and make sure it's in the "Red Orchestra\DarkestHour" folder.

Upvote 0
yes created a desktop shortcut, details are..

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe" -gameidlaunch 17243149196341544112 -mod="darkesthour"

when I launch fron desktop icon all it does is launch steam, if i try launching the desktop icon once steam is active it just flashes and does nothing, when I lanch via steam it just boots up Red Orchestra..

I have tried creating another desktop shortcut by right clicking the Darkest Hour in steam ans selecting create a desktop icon, but I get an error saying "Could not create shortcut. A shortcut probably already on the desktop" even when I delete the desktop exe I get this error..

Upvote 0
hmm somehow those shortcut paths do not seem right to me.
I assume you have it all installed correctly, DarkestHour folder in the RO folder.

shortcut on the desktop should I think be more like this:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 1200 -mod="darkesthour"

try that and post if it works for you.

Upvote 0